A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:40:37 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Snubbed Who  (Read 2354 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: January 20, 2009, 04:40:19 pm »

RM, a little help here. Did Carter blow off the Clintons, or vice versa:

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6689418

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:11:19 pm »

Looked to me that Prez Carter did not even look at Prez Clinton and Clinton didnt even care.
Double snub.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
ok2bme11
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:55:04 am »

To me it looks like Hillary noticed.  Watch her reaction.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:45:12 am »

The Carters were confused. I think they must have eaten some of that bad peanut butter.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:27 am »

FWIW I heard on the NBC coverage yesterday that during the taking of the picture of 5 presidents together, Carte made a comment to either Clinton or Bush saying that they had created a new apartheid movent in the middle east.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 03:57:40 pm »

Who snubbed whom.  (I had a really strict English teacher in 8th grade...)

I noticed that, too.  It was interesting to watch all the power couples "behind the scenes."  Who held their spouse's hand, who didn't.  Who seemed to like each other in private and who didn't.  Who leaned on his wife for support...

Thought it was interesting that HW and Barbara both wore purple scarves.  Was that a nod towards coming together in bi-partisanship?

Also thought it was funny to see which congressmen picked bareheaded ego over warm hats.  Some guys obviously didn't want to mess up their hair!  HW Bush walked out bare-headed, but then was smart enough to put on his goofy "Fargo" hat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org