A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:20:27 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow Presents... HAPPY HOUR!  (Read 22979 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 03:53:09 pm »

I'm in.

Kraut, you coming to this one?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 04:04:50 pm »

I'm in.

Kraut, you coming to this one?

Cheesy

Bwahahaha!  Wait!  I guess it is the first week of March.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
orion
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 03:31:49 pm »

Howz bout spreading the wealth with other business locales for your get togethers. Looks like the downtown businesses are doing OK with the word getting out..Plenty of small places in Midtown that have food and libation as well for your meetings. I noticed one of the threads mentioned that business owners should but out flyers in their neighborhoods to put the word out, most small places just can't get out there either cuz of staffing problems and already up to their necks in issues,  but I think a lot of people just don't look at stuff very carefully (me included) and developing better situational awareness of whats up in the hood, . If a business can afford it they prefer to use the UTW or Tulsa World for their advertising as door knocking takes a lot of time and very little reward.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 08:53:37 am »

Orion:

You are free to call out a TulsaNow lunch.  It has been a while since we had one.  Pick a neat local spot, get a feel for a good date and time, and a handful of people show up for lunch.  I think the last time we did this was 3 months ago at the Collective (longer?). 

The happy hour is arranged with the Joe Mamma's people.  We get a reserved spot and half price appetizers.  Apart from that having the same setting on the same day enables people to just plan for it.  I don't think it is set in stone forever, but it works out well for a monthly get-together.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 10:03:29 am »

Like CF said, we are always looking for places to have a TulsaNow Forum Lunch. The attendance at the last one (Rancho Grande) was less than stellar. We have eaten at places in downtown, midtown, west tulsa, etc.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 10:14:46 am »

Next get together at my house? I have lots of ramen...  Tongue

---Robert
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 10:18:02 am »

I think we should do a happy hour at the VFW hall...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 12:37:36 pm »

Next get together at my house? I have lots of ramen...  Tongue

Dude, I thought you'd finished college...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 01:34:24 pm »

Dude, I thought you'd finished college...

Now I have school loans to pay for. LOL

---Robert
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 02:31:49 pm »

On the one hand I like trying different places and supporting different local restaurans. But on the other, for something like this, it might be nice to have a regular haunt or two. Jo Mammas and McNellies have great atmospheres for hanging out and meeting people, grabbing a snack or just having a drink.  Rancho Grande... not so much.  If your the first person there, or its a smaller crowd, atmosphere matters lol.

The best places/spaces, restaurants or any public space, are the kind that you would enjoy being there even if you were the first one or only one there. Those places inevitably draw crowds regardless.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2009, 09:34:58 am »

When is the next HH..is it 5/6?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:28 pm »

I will try to drop by,,, gonna be painting clouds on a ceiling so may be closer to 6.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 01:44:29 pm »

When is the next HH..is it 5/6?

Yup.. today

Thought I already bumped this post. must've forgotten to hit "post"
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 01:50:08 pm »

If it's sunny for HH my lovely wife is making me go to an outdoor facility...and I understand that.

However, if we are able to grab the outdoorsish table in the front of Momma's I may be able to talk her into that.

What say you?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 02:47:18 pm »

If anyone cares to bring a Joe Momma's pizza, a case of Marshall's, and some paint rollers by my Lortondale project, we can have HH there  Wink

Cannon knows where it is.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org