A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 03:24:30 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trivia night in Tulsa?  (Read 8057 times)
bugo
Civic Leader

« on: February 22, 2009, 04:13:34 pm »

Are there any bars in Tulsa that have trivia night, preferably in the Midtown area?
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:54:12 am »

SoundPony downtown has Trivia on Tuesdays!
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:30:38 am »

I know we're not supposed to advertise on here, but Joe Momma's has trivia this Thursday night at 9. We use the big screen and the PA and do music trivia, and power point trivia. It's money. I'm not advertising...just informing.

Come play and bring your smartest friends to be on your team.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:44:09 am »

Last time I was at Joe Momma's, the owner read me questions from a couple of boxes of trivial pursuit cards at the bar.

I love trivia, especially Jeopardy. One of my dreams is to say the phrase, "cartoons for two thousand, Alex."

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gold
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 12:27:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by kylieosu

Not a fan of Soundpony's trivia night.  That's a great bar, but they are weird about it, especially if Mike and Josh aren't there.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gold

quote:
Originally posted by kylieosu

Not a fan of Soundpony's trivia night.  That's a great bar, but they are weird about it, especially if Mike and Josh aren't there.

Yeah I love that bar too, but I've actually never attended a trivia night there. I just have a few friends who have told me about it.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 05:50:38 pm »

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've never done a trivia night, or been on a team, but I know a lot of random sh1t facts...

RM, I'll be on your team if you have one!!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:32 am »

Sounds like TulsaMini found a good thing if she is real good at it. I'm very bad at Trivia stuff so I don't play. My best subject for Trivia is things about outter space and the planets, solar system & the moons, I know all the planet distances from the sun and names of moons and the names of major stars in our galaxie, things like that..- But even so even I don't think I'll do too good. My worst subject is names of movie things, movie stars, TV show questions and singers and things like that. I'm also pretty good at General Geography, but bad at naming the leaders of nations[xx(] [B)]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:57 pm »

I used to be good at trivia.  Now, I can't seem to remember much.  

So my answer is always something like:  "Ooooh.  I used to know that!"  

Or, "You know, that guy who was in that movie with what's-her-face...where they had that thing..."

If I ever get Alzheimers, nobody's going to notice...

Aa5drvr
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:38:54 pm »

The Bad News for me is that I have Alzheimers....

The Good News for me is at least I dont have Alzheimers...........
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

I know we're not supposed to advertise on here, but Joe Momma's has trivia this Thursday night at 9. We use the big screen and the PA and do music trivia, and power point trivia. It's money. I'm not advertising...just informing.

Do the people take it serious or is it for fun?  It sounds fun and a great night out with friends, but not necessarily my "smartest" friends.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 01:49:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

I used to be good at trivia.  Now, I can't seem to remember much.  

So my answer is always something like:  "Ooooh.  I used to know that!"  

Or, "You know, that guy who was in that movie with what's-her-face...where they had that thing..."

If I ever get Alzheimers, nobody's going to notice...

It could be Alzheimers or just having another "senior moment". We all start to get more & more senor moments as we age. Forgetfulness, and brain fog increase to as we age. [xx(] [B)]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Steve
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:31 pm »

What is "trivia night" at a bar?  Never heard of such nonsense.  Do they ask useless questions such as "what is Paris Hilton's favorite nail polish," or do they ask serious stuff to really test one's knowledge of history and things that matter.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:24:58 pm by Steve » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 06:30:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

Don't sweat it, you contribute to the forum (and our happy hour [Wink] ).  And I hear some high powered executives of the TulsaNow empire are regulars.

I think what turns off most readers of forums is when a newbie does a hit and run with the sole intention of spamming for a business.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org