A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 05:23:20 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inner Dispersal Loop  (Read 5476 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »

Rail lines are a pipe dream for a city the size of Tulsa.  It took forever to get light rail into Dallas and Phoenix; damn near an act of God Himself.

While I'm not against it, until we have about 3 million in the metro area, I just don't see it happening the way people want it to.

I went to a meeting last night where Dr Crowley was making a presentation and he discussed his ideas for rail and transportation for Tulsa. His take is that we are already 10 years behind and that we don't really build it to move people around (not at first anyway). You build small segments to spur development, which in turn creates density, then riders, then growth. It seems counter-intuitive, but it makes a lot of sense. Build a small line between two nodes where you want mixed use infill development...people living on one end will ride to be entertained at the other end, or stop in the middle to go to a concert, shopping, court etc.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org