A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:29:38 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious Muskogee Turnpike Lights  (Read 2733 times)
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« on: March 20, 2009, 04:08:41 pm »

Me and my girlfriend were driving home from a spring break trip to Florida yesterday. On our way home, we drove through the Muskogee Turnpike. The specific area I am talking about is between I-40 and the first toll plaza you come up to as you head northbound towards Tulsa. The time was about 1:30 A.M. early Friday morning/night.

We got onto the turnpike and no one was behind us. There was no one behind us for several miles actually. There are also no exits once you're on the turnpike. About halfway to the first toll plaza, we saw a very dim light about 10 car lengths behind us. It looked like a motorcycle as it only had one distinguishable light. The light would get dim and then get brighter than dim...and then it would just disappear. It was pitch black as there are no street lights in this area. About 30 seconds later, the light came on again, closer this time...about 5 car lengths. From this point on, I woke my girlfriend so that she could confirm what I was seeing and to make sure it wasn't just a product of nearly a days worth of straight driving. She saw it as well. The light would get dim, bright, dim, bright, then very dim again until it disappeared. It cycled like this throughout our drive...sometimes closer, sometimes further away. We slowed down several times to see if it would pass us and nothing ever did. About a half-a-mile away from the toll plaza, the light did this one last time. We went through the pikepass and waited for about five minutes for it to pass and to see what it was. Two cars that were very far behind us passed by (these two cars were so far behind us that we didn't see them during the drive). After we passed the first toll plaza, we did not see it again. 

I tried to take some video of it, but we couldn't find the camera as it was buried under everything else we packed. There was nothing in or around our car that could've created the illusion of such a light. Nor was it light from oncoming traffic that simply reflected off of the interior aspect of our back window. Actually, the light stayed on while a few cars passed by, but even with the light on oncoming cars, it failed to reveal what this mysterious light could possibly be.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what this could possibly be? And has anyone heard anything about this?

waterboy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 06:03:50 pm »

Maybe I've been watching too much History Channel UFO specials. Sure sounds like one of them. Any missing time? Chilling.

Could it have been a helicopter using a laser light beam? Or one of those radio controlled aircraft used for spying?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:06:41 pm »

Alien ghosts whose vessel was reflecting off swam gas.  Grin

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 11:52:12 pm »

Great, I am officially delirious lol. For the record, there were no unusual changes to time.

I thought maybe someone could explain it, someone experienced it as well, or there is a story related to my experience...like Old Man Greg was driving his beat up '56 Ford truck with one busted headlight and crashed on that segment...or something like that, lol.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:52:05 am »

That sounds like swamp gas to me. It could also have been a  star low in the sky filtering thru light cloud cover (dims and brightens).  I wonder if the other cars noticed it too? They have a strange light on some Texas train track I forgot where exactly it is, but the things I read about it are weird, it moves up & down the track and it looks close but when you move toward it it's moves back.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 11:02:32 pm »

It was Biker Fox
sledbet
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 01:12:44 pm »

If you were anywhere near the Coweta area we've got several radio/communications towers out our way. Lots of blinking lights to be seen from the highway. That's probably what you saw.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 04:13:48 pm »

classic spooklight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org