A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:39:41 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonic is giving away free root beer floats  (Read 6908 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: May 30, 2009, 06:21:15 pm »

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/prmtns/2009/frbf/index.html

Wednesday, June 3rd from 8pm to  midnight.   Lets see now,  how many Sonics can I get to during that time frame? 

The press release  http://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Newsroom/ViewAttachment.aspx?SiteName=sonicCollateralXML&attachmentid=9768c692-98eb-4b0a-a971-65beab708b2d&attachmenttype=F&entity=PRAsset&entityid=103708

Summer at SONIC starts with Free Root Beer Floats
SONIC is open ‘til midnight or later and Even Sweeter After Dark
(OKLAHOMA CITY) – The pools are open, the kids are wrapping up the school year and
summer temperatures are heating up. SONIC Drive-In® has the perfect way to help kick off
summer with a sweet treat that won’t impact your wallet. On Wednesday, June 3, SONIC will
thank its customers with Free Float Night, giving away free 10 oz. Root Beer Floats from 8 p.m.
until midnight at participating Sonic Drive-Ins. SONIC plans to give away more than 3.5 million
Root Beer Floats to customers coast to coast during this special event.
“We truly appreciate our customers, and are excited to once again
celebrate them with free root beer floats,” said Paul Macaluso, vice
president of marketing for SONIC. “We invite everyone to visit their
local drive-in to enjoy a free sweet and nostalgic way to kick off the
summer.”
SONIC is stocked up on the delectable, sweet, cool and frothy treat to
keep you cool all summer long. The Root Beer Float is a unique treat;
you can have it the traditional way or add a twist by whipping the root
beer into the soft serve for a smooth, delicious blended float. The Root
Beer Float is just one of more than 168,000 drink combinations at
SONIC, Your Ultimate Drink Stop®. And starting Thursday, June 4,
customers will receive a free Route 44® drink upgrade with the
purchase of any combo meal.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:05:28 pm by joiei » Logged

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:44:05 pm »

They did this last year.
It's pretty rinky-dink... 8oz at most.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:28:03 pm »

Most Sonics give me a cup of ice for free, Sunday the Sonic on 41st wanted to charge me 25 cents for a cup of ice. Angry

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:42:22 am »

They did this last year.
It's pretty rinky-dink... 8oz at most.

the article above says 10oz..  Thats plenty for a kid, and most adults.  About the size of a can of pop.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:28:00 am »

Most Sonics give me a cup of ice for free, Sunday the Sonic on 41st wanted to charge me 25 cents for a cup of ice. Angry

Was that in Tulsa or Columbus?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 10:18:56 am »

Or Omaha, or Ft Worth?  The hits keep on coming!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 10:42:09 am »

I just want to know how Joiei seems to be able to keep tabs where all the free sweets are.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 10:44:57 am »

Have you ever stopped to think how much money they have invested in the cup of ice?  Water, electricity, machinery, staff's time to give you that cup, how much did that cup, the lid and the straw cost the merchant?  Is it a person's God given right to have free water and/or ice on demand from a restaurant?  

joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:39 am »

I just want to know how Joiei seems to be able to keep tabs where all the free sweets are.
I have my sources and I'm not talking. 

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 02:34:16 pm »

The restaurant at 41st & Garnett -near that Reasor's Store. I ordered a burger & small fry & a cup of ice, she said the cup of ice is 25 cents, I was never charged 25 cents before at Sonic for ice.. The root beer floats sound good but I bet they are packed with calories. Drink one and gain 5 pound around the tummy. Undecided

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:58 pm »

Have you ever stopped to think how much money they have invested in the cup of ice?  Water, electricity, machinery, staff's time to give you that cup, how much did that cup, the lid and the straw cost the merchant?  Is it a person's God given right to have free water and/or ice on demand from a restaurant?  
It's all part of the services, other restaurants (even other Sonic's) give ya free cups of ice. I'm a real cheapie, I order a cup of ice and pour my own drink into the ice and save some loot. It beats paying the prices they charge for a soft drink. Smiley

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:12:33 pm »

It's all part of the services, other restaurants (even other Sonic's) give ya free cups of ice. I'm a real cheapie, I order a cup of ice and pour my own drink into the ice and save some loot. It beats paying the prices they charge for a soft drink. Smiley
I hope you're getting your soft drinks at Sam's or something. Last I checked most convenience stores were charging a buck fifty for a 20 oz soft drink. You can get a 32 oz at Sonic for that price.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 08:27:36 am »

I hope you're getting your soft drinks at Sam's or something. Last I checked most convenience stores were charging a buck fifty for a 20 oz soft drink. You can get a 32 oz at Sonic for that price.
Yeah, I buy a 2 or 3-litter jug of Lemonaid or a soft drink at Harps and pour that into my cup of ice, I go the cheapo way.. Back to the topic, I'd bet the Sonic restaurants will be busy during the free give-a-way- It may not even be worth going with long lines, unless the secret does not get out and no one knows about it. Lips sealed

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 08:04:36 am »

Anyone go to Sonic last nite for the free drinks? BTW the Reasor's store on 41st & Garnett has Pepsi Products for 49 cents each in a 2-litter jug. A super deal but there is a limit of one per customer. Cheesy

joiei
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:53 am »

I went, it was deliciously cool and just the right size. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org