A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:25:09 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q.T. Stores  (Read 8879 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 08:17:40 am »

LOL 100% pure gasoline.  Does that mean 0 detergents or any other additives?  Which additives are considered pure.  Is pure 100% gasoline using 10% MTBE like before?  100% pure mineral water
You may be right on there, I just noticed the sign on the pumps said "We have only pure gasoline" How they define pure gasoline is anyone's guess.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:17 am »

I've always heard the two truck stop locations are the two busiest, 165th and Admiral and I-44 and 49th West.

The Valore station at 69th & Sheridan also advertises 100% pure gasoline....  and for not that much more expense.  The extra mileage might be worth the extra price.
Yes Indeed, the one on 165th & Admiral was my pick- however I never seen the one on Denver & 15th. If you can get to a open pump at an QT the service is always fast, the clerks quick unlike some other places. Fuels up to $2.47 today at QT. Diesel als went up a few pennies. Lips sealed

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 07:26:04 am »

Gang, I was wondering if anyone had a pick for the most-crowded or busy QT store? It seems like the QT stores are more busy then ever these days, even with fuel at $2.37 a gallon, sometimes all the pumps are taken I never had that problem before. If ya want to make money open up a QT store franchise... Anyhow my pick for the most busy QT store is the one on E. 165th & Admirial (I-44 exit) You can't get in or out of that place. BTW I found a station that sells pure gasoline, the Pyramid store at Harvard & 51st has a fuel station with a sign on the pumps that says it's pure gasoline! Pure gasoline is getting harder & harder to find in & around "T" Towne! Undecided

if you are going by pure revenue, the busiest store in Tulsa is store 13 (31st and Sheridan).

There are diff demographics for diff QT's in terms of when their busiest times are.  Pine & Mingo is packed from 530am-8am.  You can't find a parking spot around 6AM, because of american airlines and spartan people.  The QT at 244 and Sheridan is PACKED during the evening time. The store on 71st just east of yale is so damn busy during lunch you might as well park at the Hyatt Pl and walk to it. 

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
joiei
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 08:28:20 am »

The Glenpool store is always very very busy when ever I stop there.  Morning or evening. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
mjchamplin
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:21 pm »

I'm not saying that this location is the most busy. But it is the worst one to get in and out of. B.A. and 145th e Av.
Right next to a busy McDonalds and on a terrible two lane road with just two entrances. Bad design all the way around.

I used to frequent that one when I lived in BA. It's just at a bad location--you can only get in easily if you're travelling north on aspen and you're already in the far right lane. otherwise, it's a crapshoot. The location at roughly 48th and Yale has the same problem.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 04:44:35 pm »

if you are going by pure revenue, the busiest store in Tulsa is store 13 (31st and Sheridan).

My problem with that location is the panhandlers out front. They need to patrol that parking lot and try and run off the dead beats trying to hit you up for change or anything they can beg off of you. The QT truck stop out East is just as bad with the mooches.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 04:54:33 pm »

My problem with that location is the panhandlers out front. They need to patrol that parking lot and try and run off the dead beats trying to hit you up for change or anything they can beg off of you. The QT truck stop out East is just as bad with the mooches.

When someone comes up to me and says "excuse me...." I know what's on their mind!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 04:55:27 pm »

When someone comes up to me and says "excuse me...." I know what's on their mind!
The next words out of their mouth are usually "do you have the time?"  Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
mr.jaynes
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 04:58:56 pm »

The next words out of their mouth are usually "do you have the time?"  Tongue

And if they are more direct, it's "yo man, give me a dolla!"
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 08:25:34 am »

Yep, In many cases they say they ran out of gas and was wondering if you had any extra money so they can buy fuel, some say they are from out of state. Who would drive into another state without taking money along? I normally just tell them "your in luck, There's a ATM inside the store" Then they come back with a "My wife/girlfriend has my ATM card" or some such excuse. Any help I try to give them they have an excuse of why it won't work and only a handout will work. Lips sealed

Danny
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:08 am »

I once had a QT employee tell me, that the 31st & Sheridan store was the busiest in town.
For me, the busiest that I see is Brookside, either brookside one is busy, but the 47th store can get insane.

but overall, the busiest I have ever seen was in Kansas City, it had just opened there, they had never seen a QT before, you woulda thought they were giving away free stuff based on the constant crowd.
dbacks fan
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 09:45:54 am »

I once had a QT employee tell me, that the 31st & Sheridan store was the busiest in town.
For me, the busiest that I see is Brookside, either brookside one is busy, but the 47th store can get insane.

but overall, the busiest I have ever seen was in Kansas City, it had just opened there, they had never seen a QT before, you woulda thought they were giving away free stuff based on the constant crowd.

The same happened when they started opening stores here in Phoenix back in 2000 I think it was, and they have stayed busy since. They finally opened one a half mile from my house, so I now have four of them within a mile and a half of home.The busiest ones here that I have been to are alway near the highways, less than a mile from the entrance/exit ramps of the freeways. They just blow away most of the competition.
Ihearttacos
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 11:22:23 am »

The QT at 71st and 129th is one of the lowest volume stores = go there get in and out quicker and also help the staff get better bonuses (they get bonuses by how busy their store is)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:23 pm »

The QT at 71st and 129th is one of the lowest volume stores = go there get in and out quicker and also help the staff get better bonuses (they get bonuses by how busy their store is)

Probably doesn't help that the neighborhood off the NW corner of 71st & 129th is full of dead people.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 12:39:50 pm »

Probably doesn't help that the neighborhood off the NW corner of 71st & 129th is full of dead people.

(in a whisper) do you see them?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org