A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:16:49 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sally Kern Makes National News Again  (Read 30644 times)
tim huntzinger
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2009, 09:12:45 am »

Come to a forum gathering sometime.  We can discuss your misconceptions of people.

I wonder if you would call me all those vicious names in person or if you are just a cyber-bully? Probably not.  You are the one who has called people wicked, vicious names for dissenting.  You are the one who will not defend the majority of your fellow citizens when they are called idiots and morons.

If you would apologize for using hate-speech we could just move on.  But you and yours are so invested in trying to puff yourselves up as all-wise and erudite that you cannot just admit it when you are wrong.  The majority of people in Oklahoma do not deserve to be called idiots, morons, and whatever because Ms. Kern is doing what city councils and legislatures do all the time.  I have already called her efforts a waste of time so what else do you want from me?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2009, 09:12:46 am »

I think that the sentiments expressed here are the distinct minority and am ashamed that you all are so willing to disparage and mock the majority of your fellow citizens.

No, you are confused, the majority of citizens aren't being mocked here, just one in particular.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2009, 09:15:47 am »

No, you are confused, the majority of citizens aren't being mocked here, just one in particular.

H2O said moralists dominate the state and that they are morons.  Someone else used the word idiots.  Ergo the majority of Okies are - for being Christian fundamentalists - idiots and morons.  Swake go ahead and mock me then that is fine.  If this is the worse that happens for defending my Christian faith and my fellow citizens that is an honor.  Drop the f bomb again if you think that helps your case.  I feel sorry for you, actually.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2009, 09:17:27 am »

And when the majority of Okies are called idiots, morons, and everything else you choose not to defend these good, kind people.  Must be kind of lonely thinking that the majority of people you see are idiots and morons.

You quoted 1400 words directly in response to your claims and on topic and THIS is what you respond with? Why the hell do I bother?

1) I did not see anyone call the majority of Okie idiots, morons or everything else. You reached this conclusion by deciding the most Oklahomans are fundamentalists and then assigning one posters insult to the group.  Now, if you want to get in a semantic argument over the accusation I'd engage just for fun but the merits of your point is weak.

2) I have no evidence that such people are good nor kind.  Those are fluff words thrown in to a description in an attempt to load a question.  In other words, in this context they are worthless .

3) Unrelated to the current discussion; my default position is that a given person is an idiot and/or moron.  It is safer to assume this position and explain things in detail and/or drive like the person is a dolt.  I will alter that belief when experience proves otherwise.

This is not limited to Okies, Christians, white people, or anyone in particular.  It is simply safer to assume people are stupid unless proven otherwise.  Frankly, I fear for your well being if you operate under the opposite assumption.  Or, I suppose, it could just be a matter of perspective.  I suppose if one were actually of a sub-average intelligence or the assumption that everyone was a wise and prudent individual would be a good bet.

Actually that's not true.  I think most people are intelligent individuals and my experience is most people are.  The problem is people refuse to or are to lazy to think.  Which is effectively the same as being an idiot.  So you take the people that actually are mentally slow and add in the people that are too lazy to think and you can see how I support my base hypothesis.  Assume people are idiots until proven otherwise.

4) I'm not lonely in the slightest.  But I appreciate your faux concern.

5) and in response to your "gyrations to prove" that she was referencing religion . . . those "gyrations" are also referred to as basic reading comprehension.  When an entire document is about one subject, a given line in the middle of that document is generally in reference to that subject.  You are free to explain to me how or why I misinterpreted the document.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:29:45 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PepePeru
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2009, 09:20:26 am »

I wonder if you would call me all those vicious names in person or if you are just a cyber-bully? Probably not.  You are the one who has called people wicked, vicious names for dissenting.  You are the one who will not defend the majority of your fellow citizens when they are called idiots and morons.

If you would apologize for using hate-speech we could just move on.  But you and yours are so invested in trying to puff yourselves up as all-wise and erudite that you cannot just admit it when you are wrong.  The majority of people in Oklahoma do not deserve to be called idiots, morons, and whatever because Ms. Kern is doing what city councils and legislatures do all the time.  I have already called her efforts a waste of time so what else do you want from me?

I actually want you to keep going with this.
You appear foolish in the eyes of others & I mock your value system.

waterboy
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2009, 09:22:41 am »

So CF can say Jesus is going to destroy our economy through inference, and while we are still talking about that issue you say the moralists dominate the state.  But we are not talking about whom? CF went through gyrations to make his point that this is about Christians in Oklahoma, so it sounds like you have a problem with not only the wicked, moronic jihadists.  I let you all get as nasty as you wanted and as soon as I shine the light you all start backtracking, name-calling, even resorting to using filthy language to stifle debate.

I think that the sentiments expressed here are the distinct minority and am ashamed that you all are so willing to disparage and mock the majority of your fellow citizens.

Now you're just being defensive. I cannot be responsible for incorrect inferences you draw.

As for my remarks, I reviewed them and am satisfied they summarize my beliefs.

As far as mocking Okies, "we is, what we is".

As far as majority/minority membership, you remind me of pot smokers who are sure that everyone tokes up because they never seem to meet anyone who isn't just as buzzed as they are. Cheesy Sorry, FOTD, no inferences there.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:27:11 am by waterboy » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2009, 09:25:06 am »

Just show up.

My posts are directed at you.  Try to read what you write before hitting "post" and ask yourself how any of it makes sense.

If it does make sense to you, I take it back.  I don't want to know you. 

If it's all a front, then we'd probably be fine.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2009, 09:30:03 am »

H2O said moralists dominate the state and that they are morons.  Someone else used the word idiots.  Ergo the majority of Okies are - for being Christian fundamentalists - idiots and morons.  Swake go ahead and mock me then that is fine.  If this is the worse that happens for defending my Christian faith and my fellow citizens that is an honor.  Drop the f bomb again if you think that helps your case.  I feel sorry for you, actually.

Aww, a pity party, and I forgot the hats.

First off, I don’t think that the majority of Oklahomans are really “Christian fundamentalists” when it gets down to it, most people do not believe in everything that is in the Old Testament. And yeah, if you have really read the Old Testament, and you believe every word happened just as it says in there, you are brainwashed, confused or stupid, probably a combo of all three. It’s a moral and religious guide, not a history book.

I think a lot of people that call themselves “Christian fundamentalists” don’t really understand the implications of the word fundamentalists and likely have never really read the Bible and when pressed don’t really believe that the Old Testament is an accurate historical document. The number of people that really believe that the world is only 6,000 years old, was created in six days, that Eve was from Adams rib, that all the evil in the world is because of an apple and discount nearly all of modern science from Physics to Biology to Geology is really pretty low.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2009, 09:31:35 am »

I actually want you to keep going with this.
You appear foolish in the eyes of others & I mock your value system.

Absent my objections at the use of derogatory terms used to describe the majority of good, kind, Christian folk there would have been none.  Same when filthy language that demeans women is used.  You all pride yourselves at how broad-minded you are,  but that is the front is it not?  You all are the close-minded, intolerant ones.  Not the majority of Okies who are being mocked here.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2009, 09:32:53 am »

Aww, a pity party, and I forgot the hats.

First off, I don’t think that the majority of Oklahomans are really “Christian fundamentalists” when it gets down to it, most people do not believe in everything that is in the Old Testament. And yeah, if you have really read the Old Testament, and you believe every word happened just as it says in there, you are brainwashed, confused or stupid, probably a combo of all three. It’s a moral and religious guide, not a history book.

I think a lot of people that call themselves “Christian fundamentalists” don’t really understand the implications of the word fundamentalists and likely have never really read the Bible and when pressed don’t really believe that the Old Testament is an accurate historical document. The number of people that really believe that the world is only 6,000 years old, was created in six days, that Eve was from Adams rib, that all the evil in the world is because of an apple and discount nearly all of modern science from Physics to Biology to Geology is really pretty low.

So the majority of Okies - who have been described elsewhere on this thread as the 'moralists' - are now brainwashed, confused, stupids? You have the distorted view of your fellow citizens, not me.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:17 am »

Absent my objections at the use of derogatory terms used to describe the majority of good, kind, Christian folk there would have been none.  Same when filthy language that demeans women is used.  You all pride yourselves at how broad-minded you are,  but that is the front is it not?  You all are the close-minded, intolerant ones.  Not the majority of Okies who are being mocked here.

Delusions must have overtaken you when you believe attempts of calming you down are attacks on the majority of Oklahomans.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2009, 09:36:39 am »

Just show up.

My posts are directed at you.  Try to read what you write before hitting "post" and ask yourself how any of it makes sense.

If it does make sense to you, I take it back.  I don't want to know you. 

If it's all a front, then we'd probably be fine.

And who made you the arbiter of what I should think or post?  Why is that even worth your time except to try and demean, degrade, and humiliate me? Why is it important to try and discredit my remarks? Just curious.  And again, an apology is no where in sight.  The bigoted bully stands by his efforts.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2009, 09:39:13 am »

Delusions must have overtaken you when you believe attempts of calming you down are attacks on the majority of Oklahomans.

That is what the first page of posts break down to.  Idiots.  Morons.  Driving kids away from the state.  Embarrassing us in front of the nation.

Whatever. Lookkit.  I will break it down again later but I really must be going now.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2009, 09:42:19 am »

And who made you the arbiter of what I should think or post?  Why is that even worth your time except to try and demean, degrade, and humiliate me? Why is it important to try and discredit my remarks? Just curious.  And again, an apology is no where in sight.  The bigoted bully stands by his efforts.

Correct, apparently not worth my time.

Nothing, you are a worthless poster.

Congratulations, you've brought everyone together against you.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 09:49:30 am »

So the majority of Okies - who have been described elsewhere on this thread as the 'moralists' - are now brainwashed, confused, stupids? You have the distorted view of your fellow citizens, not me.

Actually, what I said was that I don't think that a majority of Oklahomans are Christian fundamentalists.

Are you?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org