A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:40:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dairy Farm  (Read 3283 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« on: July 10, 2009, 05:35:18 pm »

Okay, so was bsing with the guys at work a couple of weeks ago, and the subject of milk came up.  One of my coworkers grew up on a dairy farm and started talking about how he used to get fresh milk to drink.  I started remembering the dairy farm back home that we used to get our milk from.  Since then, I've been wanting to find a local dairy farm for fresh, preferably non pasterized, milk.  My daughter mentioned a place in west tulsa last weekend, but has since lost the directions.  Now that I've got the kids and I know we will go through it in a weekend, does anyone know where I can find a local dairy?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 05:51:50 pm »

Swan Brothers in Claremore.  Take I-44 exit the Hwy 20 Claremore exit, turn left and it's about 1/4 to 1/2 mile on the right behind a newer motel.  I love their cheese, never got any milk or other products from there though.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:18:50 pm »

Thanks, saw them online.  Was hoping someone would know of something closer, but the directions will help out.  Looks like someones going to make a trip to claremore in the morning (called earlier and they close at 6 so can't go tonight).
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 01:32:05 pm »

I found this on localharvest.org
http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M22082

MercyFarms
(Broken Arrow, Oklahoma)    

We are a small fresh Jersey cow and Lamancha goat milk dairy in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma offering wonderful fresh Jersey milk. And fresh or frozen goat milk. Our milk is clean and fast chilled to preserve freshness and safety for our customers. We also have eggs, half sides of pork seasonally. The Jersey girls (the celebrities) are spoiled rotten and dearly loved. (Thank you to Cindy Ferguson for these lovely ladies.) They as well as the goats are given small amounts of grain at milking to keep their girlish figures intact. Our girls are spoiled also have access to pasture and browse. Our Merry Maids (chicken hens) do all the clean up around here. They love to clean up after the girls, getting tidbits from the garden and help clean up the grubs and other chicken delicacies In turn they give us lovely yummy eggs. Our po (more...)

(This listing was last updated on Mar 8, 2009)

2417 S First Pl
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Contact Information

Joanne Wilson
918-449-8221

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:29:37 pm »

I found this on localharvest.org
http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M22082

MercyFarms
(Broken Arrow, Oklahoma)    

We are a small fresh Jersey cow and Lamancha goat milk dairy in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma offering wonderful fresh Jersey milk. And fresh or frozen goat milk. Our milk is clean and fast chilled to preserve freshness and safety for our customers. We also have eggs, half sides of pork seasonally. The Jersey girls (the celebrities) are spoiled rotten and dearly loved. (Thank you to Cindy Ferguson for these lovely ladies.) They as well as the goats are given small amounts of grain at milking to keep their girlish figures intact. Our girls are spoiled also have access to pasture and browse. Our Merry Maids (chicken hens) do all the clean up around here. They love to clean up after the girls, getting tidbits from the garden and help clean up the grubs and other chicken delicacies In turn they give us lovely yummy eggs. Our po (more...)

(This listing was last updated on Mar 8, 2009)

2417 S First Pl
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Contact Information

Joanne Wilson
918-449-8221

Wow, that's a lot closer to home, I will deffinatly have to pay them a visit.  Thanks for that tip there.
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 02:57:48 pm »

Braum's Dairy is local as well.

All Souls @ 31st and Peoria have local food dinners every now and then, hosted by this gal who's name escapes me, she owns a local joint downtownish as well.  Next one is  Friday, July 31, 2009 @ 5:30.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 03:17:07 pm »

Braum's Dairy is local as well.

All Souls @ 31st and Peoria have local food dinners every now and then, hosted by this gal who's name escapes me, she owns a local joint downtownish as well.  Next one is  Friday, July 31, 2009 @ 5:30.

I think you are talking about Anner, perhaps?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:13:13 am »

Ah.. the power of the internet and a few key word searches... http://www.elotetulsa.com/about.html Libby is who gathers/cooks for Allsouls Friday dinners.

Although we do get the veg/meat bags from Anner.

We keep on talking about going to Anner's shop and eating at Libby's cafe... but seeing as how we're in far south-east BA... the trek is a bit out of the way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org