A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:33:25 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relocating To Tulsa  (Read 5304 times)
cbramsey
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:46:31 pm »

my wife and I are relocating to the area within the next month or so.  Actually I will be relocating and she will be moving in June.  I am looking for an apartment or a duplex/rental house in a decent neighborhood.  We are working to sell our house in Arkansas at which time we look to buy a house in Tulsa, but for now, we are relegated to apartment living.  The first place we looked at was sand dollar at 61st and Riverside and we were told a few days later to stay away from that area, now we are looking at Westport on the River.  I would like to stay within the $400 - $550 range to start off until our house sells.  We have two small dogs and a small indoor cat, that is also posing a problem because many apartment complexes don't allow pets.  Why is Tulsa so unfriendly to pets, we are willing to pay the deposits for each pet, even the non refundable kind. 

anyways, any help or advice you folks could give would be wonderful.  I will be working in the Warren 1 building, but my priorities are a good and safe neighborhood.

Thanks in advance for the help
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:02:20 pm »

my wife and I are relocating to the area within the next month or so.  Actually I will be relocating and she will be moving in June.  I am looking for an apartment or a duplex/rental house in a decent neighborhood.  We are working to sell our house in Arkansas at which time we look to buy a house in Tulsa, but for now, we are relegated to apartment living.  The first place we looked at was sand dollar at 61st and Riverside and we were told a few days later to stay away from that area, now we are looking at Westport on the River.  I would like to stay within the $400 - $550 range to start off until our house sells.  We have two small dogs and a small indoor cat, that is also posing a problem because many apartment complexes don't allow pets.  Why is Tulsa so unfriendly to pets, we are willing to pay the deposits for each pet, even the non refundable kind.  

anyways, any help or advice you folks could give would be wonderful.  I will be working in the Warren 1 building, but my priorities are a good and safe neighborhood.

Thanks in advance for the help

Here is a former thread on the subject of relocation to Tulsa:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13300.0

Steer clear of the 31st & Harvard and 25 & Yale areas. just kidding. I am a southie and have a serious south Tulsa bias. There are some nice apartments near 81st and Mingo, 81st & Memorial (traffic is tough at times) & 91st & Riverside.

Welcome to Tulsa and I look forward to you engaging us in this forum. Are you a health care worker?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:09:54 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:42:56 pm »

Since you brought it up Guido, AVOID 41st AND SHERIDAN. The I 44 fix at 41st has created a major bottleneck in there.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:45:35 pm »

Since you brought it up Guido, AVOID 41st AND SHERIDAN. The I 44 fix at 41st has created a major bottleneck in there.

agreed. I know you know was jabbing at a couple of our posters here.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »

27th & Yale trash checking in here Wink

A friend of mine lived at Barcelona apartments at 51st & Yale about a mile south of your office. Pets are okay there and a one bedroom is in the $500 range. They are very secure and no rampant theft etc. Westport is a good complex as well. You were very well advised to avoid Sand Dollar. It's a war zone around 61st & Riverside.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cbramsey
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 09:37:08 pm »

Thanks for the advice, I think that we are going to do the westport on a 3 month lease.  (hopefully the house will sell by then) and then I can find a nice rental house or duplex until we find a nice area to buy or build.  I actually work in the natural gas industry.
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »

Thanks for the advice, I think that we are going to do the westport on a 3 month lease.  (hopefully the house will sell by then) and then I can find a nice rental house or duplex until we find a nice area to buy or build.  I actually work in the natural gas industry.

Good. We're counting on you to get the price up to $8 by June.....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 09:43:14 pm »

Which company are you working for here? There's some sketchy projects south of Westport on Jackson, but the riff-raff seems to stay out of the confines of Westport

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cbramsey
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 10:05:12 pm »

Will be working for Petrohawk Energy
cbramsey
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:08:10 pm »

We may go look at the Barcelona as well, I would love to live in one of the Links or Greens apartments, but they only allow one pet which won't work at all, but the easy access to golf would be nice.  How is the area around 41st and Garnett?  I have found a few houses in that area and also at s 110th e ave and s 124th e ave. 

any advice on those areas

Another recommendation to me was the polo grounds apartments, I don't quite remember that address though.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:44 am »

I used to live at 41st and Garnett. It's not bad, but my neighborhood got a growing percentage rental and/or empty houses and home values stagnated. I would suggest staying to the south or west of that area.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 09:39:39 am »

We may go look at the Barcelona as well, I would love to live in one of the Links or Greens apartments, but they only allow one pet which won't work at all, but the easy access to golf would be nice.  How is the area around 41st and Garnett?  I have found a few houses in that area and also at s 110th e ave and s 124th e ave. 

any advice on those areas

Another recommendation to me was the polo grounds apartments, I don't quite remember that address though.

The Links is a south Tulsa location I believe near 81st & Memorial. "The Greens" could also be a south Tulsa/Bixby location (near 116th & Memorial). Either is good, but again I'm biased.

USRufnex
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 09:52:42 am »

I live at 41st & Garnett, moving out this month... decent area, not bad if you live there for a few months.
If you're renting, I'd advise against any apts run by Capital Assets.... may be a problem confined to where I was, but they had a lot of maintenance problems.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:54:26 am by USRufnex » Logged
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 10:00:08 am »

Thanks for the advice, I think that we are going to do the westport on a 3 month lease.  (hopefully the house will sell by then) and then I can find a nice rental house or duplex until we find a nice area to buy or build.  I actually work in the natural gas industry.

I have lived in Westport. It's a little outdated interior wise, but the rent is affordable, very quiet, and it's convenient to major highways. All of the residents I have encountered are OSU med students, working young professionals, or families. As previously mentioned, the neighborhood surrounding has a couple of sketchy parts, but it was never an issue for me or anyone that I know of. It's a very pet friendly complex. Welcome to Tulsa!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 10:07:09 am »

I live at 41st & Garnett, moving out this month... decent area, not bad if you live there for a few months.
If you're renting, I'd advise against any apts run by Capital Assets.... may be a problem confined to where I was, but they had a lot of maintenance problems.

There's a reason they are referred to as "CRAPital Assets"

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org