A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:53:30 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relocating To Tulsa  (Read 5299 times)
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 12:33:07 pm »

I used to live at 41st and Garnett. It's not bad, but my neighborhood got a growing percentage rental and/or empty houses and home values stagnated. I would suggest staying to the south or west of that area.

I own a rental house near 31st and Garnett.  It is a nice quiet neighborhood.  I would sell it but like you said the values have stagnated so I do better renting.  Stay away from the apartments within a couple miles of this area though.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 02:37:59 pm »

There are some nice, newer apts. at 81st & Yale on the hill called the Vintage on Yale.  Many of the units have great views of the city and it's two miles from your future office.  The neighborhoods are also nice in this area from very expensive homes on the hillside to smaller, less expensive houses built in the 80's and 90's. 

cbramsey
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 03:33:03 pm »

thanks for all the tips, I actually found the Vintage last night and it looks very nice, we will probably be heading that way next weekend for a visit.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 04:18:12 pm »

That is a nice area. My parents now live a couple of miles south of there.

I like the restaurants just a mile to the east. Siegi's makes great sausage and bratwurst, Hungry Howie's Pizza is pretty good and you have others like Chimi's and Sonic. Right down the hill from you is a local BBQ place, Rib Crib. If you want fancy, just a mile to the north is one of my favorites, the French Hen.

The traffic gets backed up for a light or two, but you can still get around in four or five minutes per mile during the busiest times. Oral Roberts University is less than two miles to the west with a bunch of fine restaurants and a Wal-Mart and a hotel (Tulsa is the only city in the world with a Hilton Hotel in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart).

Weather looks good next weekend. Have a good time.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 04:35:08 pm »

That is a nice area. My parents now live a couple of miles south of there.

Your folks could be my neighbors.  o/t, after our recent snow I wanted to bust out my skis and ski down the Vintage's driveway. That's a steep road.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org