A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:14:31 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pier 51 Marina  (Read 7207 times)
tulsamommyof3
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »

I work at Pier 51 Marina and was wondering if any of you on this site have visited out there? It's an awesome place to go for the whole family. They just rebuilt the restaurant and ship store and added new docks for larger boats. They will be attending the boat show like they do every year. They have a boat repair shop with excellent mechanics. Also boat sales at the shop. Our Ship Store has everything you need from full service gas pumps, ice, beer, pop, snacks, water toys etc and Boat Rentals. Every know and then on Saturdays they have Karaoke at the Restaurant and sometimes live bands about one or twice a month. Sometimes more than that during holidays. We always do a Boat Poker Run every Summer and the payoff is really really good. Last year we helped host a wakeboard competition which was awesome. We had a really good turnout. Really you should come check us out if you haven't already. And if you have let's hear some reviews! Let us know what we can do better.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:31 pm »

Is Keystone still as muddy as it was?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsamommyof3
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »

Yes it seems like last year it was more muddy than ever before. All the beaches were hard to go swimming at because you would sink in the mud while trying to get to the water.  But alot of that was due to high water at the beginning of the boating season. It really depends on the weather really. Sometimes it's not too bad. Yet other times it can be terrible. It's funny though our own Lake Patrol told us last year that he's from Skiatook. And that Skiatook Lake is always clear due to the rocky bottom. But he said he much rather be on Keystone Lake because the people are alot friendlier than on Skiatook Lake.
jtcrissup
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 12:35:53 pm »

What are the boat rentals like?  Pontoons?  Ski boats? Cost?  Do you guys have something on the web to check out?

I wouldn't mind getting the family up there on a boat on a nice hot summer day for some puttering around and some swimming.  To be honest, I have never been on Keystone in a boat.  I canoed from the Keystone dam to ~19th/Riverside with Waterboy as my host/guide last year, and it really opened my eyes to how neat that area is.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:24 pm »

I did the 3D rendering of the new pier 51 for the boat show a couple of years ago.  I'll see if I can find any of my old renderings to post.  It is very cool!!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:01:18 pm »

I have better renderings from several angles, this is the only one I have access to from the office.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 02:01:46 pm »

Any plans to ever add a restaurant/cafe at the marina?  If there is one thing that Keystone, or any area lake, needs it is more places to eat on the water accessible by boat. 

Where are the best beaches at Lake Keystone where you would have a better chance of finding clearer water? 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:28:06 pm »

There is no clear water at Keystone.  It is Arkansas River that runs through the salt plains out west.  Has been picking up silt since it was in Colorado.
Go north to find clear water.  Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsamommyof3
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 03:11:08 pm »

yes we have a restaurant at the marina. It's called Pier 51 Cafe. They have a very good variety of food. OMG their fried pickles are the BEST!!! They also got their liquor license so you can enjoy a nice margarita or not with your meal. As far as boat rentals, we have the cheapest prices on the lake. We have Pontoon Boats and a Deckboat/skiboat we rent out. The pontoons I believe are $300 deposit you do get back and $175/4 hours and $275/8 hours, The deckboat/skiboat is $500 deposit also you get back and $275/4 hours and $450/8 hours. If you catch the owner on a good day when we're not booked up he will usually make a good deal on the rentals. We also rent out water toys like tubes, kneeboards, wakeboards and skiis for $25/4 hours and $50/8 hours no deposit required if you rent the deckboat. It's the only one that you are allowed to pull things behind due to our strict insurance policy. PLEASE come check us out. You won't be disappointed. If anyone would like I will do updates when we have big events going on.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 03:14:09 pm »

yes we have a restaurant at the marina. It's called Pier 51 Cafe. They have a very good variety of food. OMG their fried pickles are the BEST!!! They also got their liquor license so you can enjoy a nice margarita or not with your meal. As far as boat rentals, we have the cheapest prices on the lake. We have Pontoon Boats and a Deckboat/skiboat we rent out. The pontoons I believe are $300 deposit you do get back and $175/4 hours and $275/8 hours, The deckboat/skiboat is $500 deposit also you get back and $275/4 hours and $450/8 hours. If you catch the owner on a good day when we're not booked up he will usually make a good deal on the rentals. We also rent out water toys like tubes, kneeboards, wakeboards and skiis for $25/4 hours and $50/8 hours no deposit required if you rent the deckboat. It's the only one that you are allowed to pull things behind due to our strict insurance policy. PLEASE come check us out. You won't be disappointed. If anyone would like I will do updates when we have big events going on.

Hard to think of the lake right now, but thank you for visions of spring and summer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »

Go north to find clear water.  Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota.

Or just go to Lake Skiatook or Grand, Hudson, Ft. Gibson, Tenkiller, etc. that were once rocky creeks and not big sandy rivers like the Arkansas.  The trade-off for clear water at those lakes is no sandy beach.  And while you can't find "clear" water at Keystone, or Eufaula, usually the closer you are to the dam the more clear it gets.  Where are the closest public beaches to the dam at Keystone?  I spend most of my time at Grand so I don't know as much about places to go on other area lakes but Keystone being so close to the city is appealing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 03:27:50 pm by SXSW » Logged

dsjeffries
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 03:27:15 pm »

There is no clear water at Keystone.  It is Arkansas River that runs through the salt plains out west.  Has been picking up silt since it was in Colorado.
Go north to find clear water.  Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota.

Just to clarify, the Arkansas River doesn't flow through Nebraska, Iowa or Minnesota.
But it is true that closer to its source in Colorado, the Arkansas is much clearer, thanks to the rocky bottom. When it enters the prairie, though, the rocks are replaced with dirt/mud. It's not dirty, just a normal, wide, Plains river.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 03:32:21 pm »

Flows through Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado.

Those other three states have clear water.  As well as most of the northern states.  Some more; South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming.  All have lakes that you can see 30 to 50 feet down!  Can't do that in any lake here.

As far as the east Oklahoma lakes, well clear is a relative term isn't it?  The raw chicken sewage from Arkansas (the state) is certainly taking care of getting rid of clarity in any of those waters. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 03:40:28 pm »

Flows through Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado.

Let's not forget it ALSO flows through...gasp!...Arkansas!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tulsamommyof3
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »

There are RV sites at Keystone State Park where the Marina is located. Also there are some pretty nice cabins that you can rent at the Park. Some have really good views overlooking the lake and there are also campground sites for just tent camping and there's a public beach in the Park also. If you have kids there is a kids fishing pond and trails that go around the park. Keystone might not be the clearest lake around. But it does have some beautiful sceneries along it's shores.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org