A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:16:37 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Marijuana Day Coming to State Capitol This Month  (Read 11241 times)
DanoDan
Citizen

« on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:01 pm »

Hopefully there will be a good showing for this:

The Medical Marijuana Movement is on a roll in the United States. New Jersey just passed medical marijuana and approximately twenty states had medical marijuana legislation introduced this session.

Now it's our turn. That's right; right here, right now, OOOOklahoma!

On Wednesday, Feb. 17, medical marijuana patients and supporters are meeting at the State Capitol. We will meet on the second floor Rotunda at 1:00 p.m. and have a brief discussion before visiting our senators and representatives. We will be presenting them with written information about medical marijuana and a copy of our proposed legislation.  A copy of the actual proposed bill to legalize medical marijuana for Oklahoma can be found here:   http://okmedicalmarijuana.org/finalversionofproposedlegislation.pdf

Over seventy Oklahomans with medical conditions have endorsed our medical marijuana campaign. It doesn't matter if you are a potential medical marijuana patient or just someone who wants to see medical marijuana available in Oklahoma; we need you to attend this event.

Please attempt to arrange a meeting with your state senator and representative by calling their office. Arrange the meeting between 1:00-3:00 p.m. To find out who your state senator and representative are, call your local Board of Election/Election Board, or the State Election Board (405) 521-2391.

It isn't a problem if you can't arrange a meeting with your elected official. We are going to visit their office anyway. If we can't speak directly to our elected officials, we will leave the information with their staff.

No one will have to visit their legislators alone. Our volunteers will gladly go along to support you. We will stick together to demonstrate that many good people support medical marijuana in Oklahoma.

If you can't make it to the Capitol that day, please contact your legislators anyway. Please call, email, fax and/or write letters today! Ask them to please introduce and endorse The Oklahoma Compassionate Care Medical Marijuana Legislation. Let them know we are sending the legislation to their office and that they can meet actual medical marijuana patients on Feb. 17.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:10:32 pm by DanoDan » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:13:43 pm »

Pass the patchouli around before meeting with the reps and senators.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:54:55 am »

Hopefully there will be a good showing for this:

The Medical Marijuana Movement is on a roll in the United States. New Jersey just passed medical marijuana and approximately twenty states had medical marijuana legislation introduced this session.

Now it's our turn. That's right; right here, right now, OOOOklahoma!

On Wednesday, Feb. 17, medical marijuana patients and supporters are meeting at the State Capitol. We will meet on the second floor Rotunda at 1:00 p.m. and have a brief discussion before visiting our senators and representatives. We will be presenting them with written information about medical marijuana and a copy of our proposed legislation.  A copy of the actual proposed bill to legalize medical marijuana for Oklahoma can be found here:   http://okmedicalmarijuana.org/finalversionofproposedlegislation.pdf

Over seventy Oklahomans with medical conditions have endorsed our medical marijuana campaign. It doesn't matter if you are a potential medical marijuana patient or just someone who wants to see medical marijuana available in Oklahoma; we need you to attend this event.

Please attempt to arrange a meeting with your state senator and representative by calling their office. Arrange the meeting between 1:00-3:00 p.m. To find out who your state senator and representative are, call your local Board of Election/Election Board, or the State Election Board (405) 521-2391.

It isn't a problem if you can't arrange a meeting with your elected official. We are going to visit their office anyway. If we can't speak directly to our elected officials, we will leave the information with their staff.

No one will have to visit their legislators alone. Our volunteers will gladly go along to support you. We will stick together to demonstrate that many good people support medical marijuana in Oklahoma.

If you can't make it to the Capitol that day, please contact your legislators anyway. Please call, email, fax and/or write letters today! Ask them to please introduce and endorse The Oklahoma Compassionate Care Medical Marijuana Legislation. Let them know we are sending the legislation to their office and that they can meet actual medical marijuana patients on Feb. 17.  

FOTD/AOX, that isn't you, is it?

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 02:51:51 pm »

I do not think Oklahomans are dumb enough to fall for the medical marijuana nonsense.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
rwarn17588
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 03:05:14 pm »

I do not think Oklahomans are dumb enough to fall for the medical marijuana nonsense.

What's nonsense about it? Do you not think it has some beneficial qualities for pain treatment and cancer patients?

(And, no, I've never smoked or ingested marijuana. So don't bother with the stoner stereotypes.)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 03:07:03 pm »

What's nonsense about it?
It doesn't make the pharmaceutical companies any money, therefore it can't be medicinal.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 03:23:21 pm »

Grin

You think?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 03:26:23 pm »

You think?

First post is a rally about medicinal MJ?  You betcha I think...

Cheesy

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:43:25 pm »

They can prescribe marijuana for, get this, marijuana dependence.

"Dr. Jean Talleyrand says he’s grossed more than ten million dollars in less than five years, authorizing patients to smoke marijuana and take a look at the reasons.
Of course, there are the serious illnesses for which marijuana became legal – cancer, AIDS, glaucoma. There are also conditions such as restless leg syndrome, insomnia, psoriasis, diarrhea and cannabis dependence. That’s right – Dr. Talleyrand tells me he’ll provide a marijuana recommendation for someone who smokes too much marijuana: “If you're overusing cannabis, you shouldn't go to jail for that, you should get proper treatment and that's what we're here for."

http://iteamblog.abc7news.com/2009/05/this-is-the-diagnostic-sheet-from-medicann-the-largest-chain-of-medical-marijuana-clinics-in-california-dr-jean-talleyran.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »

They can prescribe marijuana for, get this, marijuana dependence.
We don't have any better standards with traditional meds. Doctors can prescribe any drug off label for anything they want. The manufacturers are, however, limited to advertising the drug for diseases approved for by the FDA.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
rwarn17588
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 04:23:06 pm »

If it is, it's the same sort of M.O. after his/her crackup when he/she was alleging that someone was hacking his/her account.

Of course, if you talk about yourself in the third person all of the time, it's not a big leap to think that maybe FOTD/Aox's 23rd personality was behind the hack.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »

We don't have any better standards with traditional meds. Doctors can prescribe any drug off label for anything they want. The manufacturers are, however, limited to advertising the drug for diseases approved for by the FDA.

I simply loved the irony of that and I felt this doctor isn't much better than the worker's comp hack that all the WC attornies use in Tulsa.  I'm a skeptic of most things synthetic and believe nature offers the best cures in many instances, including nutrition.  Like anything else, there are those who seek to bastardize and abuse meds, naturally occuring or not.  There's no shortage of doctors willing to make a good living writing 'scrips. Personally, I'd rather hear of someone being prescribed pot for anxiety (assuming it works) rather than benzodiazapines which have mental and physical addicition issues (there again so does alcohol).  Pot can have mental dependence issues, but I've never seen a study which suggested there was any type of physical addicition.

rwarn17588
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »

Personally, I'd rather hear of someone being prescribed pot for anxiety (assuming it works) rather than benzodiazapines which have mental and physical addicition issues (there again so does alcohol).  Pot can have mental dependence issues, but I've never seen a study which suggested there was any type of physical addicition.

As an aside, I read a few weeks ago that the Sidney Rice, the Vikings receiver, was using marijuana from time to time to treat severe migraines. Migraines are no fun.

After a season in which he had 1,300 yards receiving, I don't think anyone would accuse Rice of being a slacker.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

As an aside, I read a few weeks ago that the Sidney Rice, the Vikings receiver, was using marijuana from time to time to treat severe migraines. Migraines are no fun.

After a season in which he had 1,300 yards receiving, I don't think anyone would accuse Rice of being a slacker.

Football looked like a honeybaked ham.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 06:15:38 pm »

Until it was criminalized, Canabis was considered the most effective drug for treating migraine headaches.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org