A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:52:57 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westboro Church protesting Owasso Soldiers funeral tonight  (Read 12798 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:52 am »

The funeral is tonight in Owasso. Luckily, a group of bikers called the Patriot Guard is going to block the access of the protestors to the funeral procession.

What kind of person protests a funeral?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:13 am »

The funeral is tonight in Owasso. Luckily, a group of bikers called the Patriot Guard is going to block the access of the protestors to the funeral procession.

What time and where?  I'm not a member of the Patriot Guard, but I've been needing to get the Harley out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:24 am »

The whacko kind RM.

Stupid bastards.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:14 am »

This from a friend's facebook page...

Date: Monday, June 28, 2010
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm

Description.UPDATE I spoke to the head of the Patriot Guard and the are meeting at 5:30 behind the QT at 76th St North. Please meet there instead of 86th and 128th E ave. Attention all bikers: As you guys maybe know 22 year old Spc. Andrew R. Looney was killed in action while serving this great counrty. On June 28th there is going to be a procession in Owasso on 129th E. Ave between 76th and 86th St north. Unfortunately Westboro Baptist Church will be there to protest his funeral. (Westboro Baptist Church is a clan of family members that protest the funerals of our fallen. They say things like thank god for dead soldiers and other stupid things) We need as many bikers as possible to meet at the QT at 76th St north. We want to ensure that the family is respected and so I need all bikers to meet here. We will do our own protest by drowning out thier voice with our engines. Please help with this. Please pass this event around. Lets get out and support this young man. Thank you.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:45 am »

Here's their version:

Owasso High School 12901 E. 86th Street North WBC to picket a respectful distance from the funeral of Army Spc. Andrew R. Looney, to warn this nation of the dangers of promoting fag filth and of worshipping dead Doomed american soldiers. Anti-Christ Beast Obama has pledged to repeal DADT so the US military can be taken over by in-your-face sodomites, leading to this nation's full destruction. You will never win another war. You turned the nation over to the fags, and now your soldiers are coming home in body bags. You raised your children to be good for nothing but fodder for dirt-poor Afghani IEDs. When God punishes you for these sins, the LAST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS WORSHIP THAT DEAD CARCASS. If you want the soldiers to stop dying, OBEY GOD -- TODAY!! Nothing else will do!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:04:24 am »

Here's their version:

Fred Phelps is one massively foobared up individual.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:30:49 am »

This garbage must be stopped.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 11:36:38 am »

That makes me so angry.  Angry

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 11:38:40 am »

Fred Phelps is one massively foobared up individual.

Karma is a b*tch.  The Phelps family will reap what they sow...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 11:42:09 am »

They're a despicable group, but it's comforting to know that, even in this politically polarized time, we can all agree that what these guys do is completely out of bounds.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:49 am »

Karma is a b*tch.  The Phelps family will reap what they sow...

Apparently he is anti-gay, anti-jew, anti-catholic and... wait for it.... anti-swedish.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 11:47:06 am »

Those people make me absolutely nauseous....pathetic excuses for human beings. Angry
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

For me, this church ranks right up there with the Church of Scientology in the 'loony' factor.  Sometimes I wonder if Phelps isn't a former Xenuite taking massive quantities of psychedelic drugs.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 11:53:33 am »

For me, this church ranks right up there with the Church of Scientology in the 'loony' factor.  Sometimes I wonder if Phelps isn't a former Xenuite taking massive quantities of psychedelic drugs.

That's your body thetans talking.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 11:56:45 am »

Who establishes what distance is respectful?  Perhaps the Owasso Police could suggest 5 miles as a respectful distance.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org