A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:31:45 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joebot's Coffee Bar @ Dwelling Spaces  (Read 3678 times)
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« on: June 29, 2010, 07:20:46 am »

Hey guys.. I searched for this and didn't see a thread anywhere so forgive me if it has already been covered elsewhere.

Anyway, I just recently started going there for my morning coffee and I really enjoy it and hope to see them do well. This place is a traditional espresso bar situated inside Dwelling Spaces around 2nd and Detroit. They do some awesome shots and great pour overs. The menu is basic, no fraps or other business, but great tasting and well-prepared Topeca coffee. It's ran by some of the best baristas in Tulsa from what I understand.

Go check them out and give them some business. Tell 'em Seth sent you.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:26:40 am by tulsacyclist » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:31:09 am »

I will check this out.  Always looking for a good coffee shop.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »

The crew that runs Joebots are top notch.  Derrick opens and is there until about 2-3 I believe.  Great coffee.

I really like the Topeca Cafe in the Mayo, but Joebots has a really fun feel.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:09:26 pm »

Heard great things about this place, keep meaning to stop by! It is between where I park and the office so once I get started going there I am pretty much screwed... Smiley

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:53:07 pm »

Heard great things about this place, keep meaning to stop by! It is between where I park and the office so once I get started going there I am pretty much screwed... Smiley
Screwed is right. This stuff, the staff and atmosphere are all great.

Oh and tonight they are having an 'Open House' along w/ Yokozuna. There will be free espresso/coffee/latte/americano samples from JoeBots and sushi samples from Yokozuna as well as some live local music. I think it runs from 6-9ish.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:00:51 pm »

Screwed is right. This stuff, the staff and atmosphere are all great.

Oh and tonight they are having an 'Open House' along w/ Yokozuna. There will be free espresso/coffee/latte/americano samples from JoeBots and sushi samples from Yokozuna as well as some live local music. I think it runs from 6-9ish.

When did Yokozuna start doing sushi?

Thank you,
Robert Town
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:58:53 pm »

When did Yokozuna start doing sushi?
Maybe a month or so ago? They closed down for a little while to build a sushi bar and prep for it. Now they have a pretty decent selection of rolls and stuff. I've never tried sushi, but have heard they have good stuff. I think last time I looked the menu on their website did include the sushi and whatnot.

The open house thing was a cooperative effort from DwellingSpaces/JoeBots and Yokozuna to kick off the coffee bar at DwellingSpaces and the Sushi existence at Yokozuna. There was a pretty good turnout.

stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 02:51:17 pm »

I went for the Open House and I must say I enjoyed the Sushi over at Yokozuna's and the coffee over at Joebot's was awesome.  I will certainly be back.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org