A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:38:53 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirty's Tavern - Woodys  (Read 7413 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« on: July 07, 2010, 09:20:12 am »

Drove by this morning on the way to work and noticed that Dirty's has painted a monkey logo with the name "Woody's".  I guess the name is changing.  Was Dirty's afraid they were being pigeonholed as an "OSU Bar"?  As an OSU grad I liked the similarities with the Dirty's in Stillwater, but I can understand if they thought it was limiting their customer base.  Woody's with a monkey logo seems pretty lame to me though.  You would think they could come up with something more creative.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:03:03 am »

Both are stupid names IMO

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:47:16 am »

I wonder if this is another case of, we opened something at a Riverwalk and now we are in trouble and have to sell.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:49:05 am »

The Dirty's on 2nd St. or Riverwalk?  I had no idea there was a Dirty's in Stillwater in the first place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 12:13:53 pm »

The Dirty's on 2nd St. or Riverwalk?  I had no idea there was a Dirty's in Stillwater in the first place.

The Dirty's downtown. The one on the Riverwalk closed a while ago, and is now reopened as Twisted Tornado or something like that....who comes up with these names? Anyway, the first Dirty's in Stillwater opened around 2003ish, I believe.
jbk
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 12:53:07 pm »

The Dirty's downtown. The one on the Riverwalk closed a while ago, and is now reopened as Twisted Tornado or something like that....who comes up with these names? Anyway, the first Dirty's in Stillwater opened around 2003ish, I believe.

Twisted Tilt opened in the location that was previously Te-Kei's.  Dirty's Riverwalk was re-opened as Blind Lemons Bar & Grill but has since closed as well.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 02:25:05 pm »

Twisted Tilt opened in the location that was previously Te-Kei's.  Dirty's Riverwalk was re-opened as Blind Lemons Bar & Grill but has since closed as well.

Wow!  They should just put up one of those signs that you can change the letters on, that would save the banks some money.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 04:16:02 pm »

Grand opening, Grand closing. (Chris Rock)

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 04:18:51 pm »

Hmm, if they aren't doing well, it has to be management.  The new owners I'm not so sure of.  The bartender said the ballpark and BOK center was helping them out a ton.  Be interesting to know what the full story is.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 04:31:06 pm »

I think Dirty's in Stillwater was way older than 2003, but I may be wrong.

Either way, the one at 2nd & Elgin is undergoing a remodel. My guess is that the Blue Dome has grown out of the crappy dive bar motif and they are getting passed up when everyone else is packed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 11:19:14 pm »

I still think it would be cool to see the actual Blue Dome across the street from Dirty's become a bar/restaurant with a bar/kitchen area in the domed building (and seating in the dome itself) and then a huge patio with lots of trees and tables with umbrellas in the parking lot around the building a la The Mont in Norman.  I should contact Elliot Nelson..   Wink

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 11:36:52 pm »

You've apparently never been in the old gas station we refer to as the Blue Dome. Nowhere near practical for what you suggest. I admire your vision but it's not got the space nor mechanical condition to support that sort of use. Fire codes would be yet one more issue. I wish it were a suitable site for that. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 06:57:30 am »

You've apparently never been in the old gas station we refer to as the Blue Dome. Nowhere near practical for what you suggest. I admire your vision but it's not got the space nor mechanical condition to support that sort of use. Fire codes would be yet one more issue. I wish it were a suitable site for that. 
maybe a small kitchen and outdoor seating?  Think webers style.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 07:14:50 am »

maybe a small kitchen and outdoor seating?  Think webers style.

Exactly.  The patio would be the main attraction (like the Mont).

kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 07:16:09 am »

I think Dirty's in Stillwater was way older than 2003, but I may be wrong.

I remember it opening when I was going to school at OSU, and right around when I turned 21, which would have been '03. But according to this site it was '04. http://www.drinkprices.com/bar_73987.html. The Wormy Dog Concert Hall was in that space before they changed it to Dirty's.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org