A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:15:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good leasing agent for rental homes?  (Read 5660 times)
cherishedkeepsakes
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:14:07 am »

I want to find a 2-3 bdrm rental house in the Tulsa suburb area (even possibly as far as Sapulpa if needed) for around $900-1000/mo or less.  I'm not sure if there's a good leasing company that can help me find something or if it would be easier to just check with the newspaper.  A townhome or duplex would be possibly be fine as well but no apartments.  I have 2 younger kids and a dog, so I just prefer them to have a backyard and room to play.  We've been living in a rowhouse in Germany for the last 18 months, and I quickly found out that we missed having a yard BIG time.  Any help would be appreciated!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:33:12 pm »

I can't really help with specific properties, but I can say do not rent a place managed by Perry Properties. I looked at a few of their duplexes and they were all very obviously suffering from a lack of maintenance. When a landlord can't even be bothered to do simple things like replace a missing door on the breaker/fuse box (which is actually quite important to prevent injury and/or fire), it's hard to have a good feeling about said landlord.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:39:26 am »

I've not rented from them, but I've heard good things about Bailey Foristell.

http://www.baileyforistell.com/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:49:25 am »

I can't really help with specific properties, but I can say do not rent a place managed by Perry Properties. I looked at a few of their duplexes and they were all very obviously suffering from a lack of maintenance. When a landlord can't even be bothered to do simple things like replace a missing door on the breaker/fuse box (which is actually quite important to prevent injury and/or fire), it's hard to have a good feeling about said landlord.

+1

My stepdaughter rented from Perry and he's a total slum-lord.  Properties are riddled with mechanical issues and they are slow to respond.

Try Express Rentz:

http://webrentz.net/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 08:37:19 am »

I know that you may be in a hurry, but the best way that I have ever found a house for rent was by driving around thru neighborhoods that I would like to live in.
The best landlords I have ever found are the ones who put a sign on a pole down the street from the home or a sign in the yard of the home.
The old couple that doesnt have a whole lot of properties and are just doing it for the tax breaks are the best. Property management groups are very impersonal as far as I'm concerned, and a little more difficult than the true home owners that rent.
Just my opinion.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
cherishedkeepsakes
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:16:18 am »

Thanks for the input everyone! I will definitely steer clear of Perry Properties, so big thanks for that heads up.  Also, I had noticed that Express Rentz on Craigslist, but I wasn't sure of them.  I will check them out though now and see what I can find.  I will check that other link out as well! Also, I agree about driving around, and I will probably do a bit of that.  With two kids under 5, it can just make things a bit more difficult sometimes.  I just want to make sure I have plenty of options open to find something, and the sooner the better Smiley
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 10:25:35 am »

Also, I agree about driving around, and I will probably do a bit of that.  With two kids under 5, it can just make things a bit more difficult sometimes.  I just want to make sure I have plenty of options open to find something, and the sooner the better Smiley

Isn't that what happy meals are for?  Or there's always Benadryl Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cherishedkeepsakes
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:40 pm »

Isn't that what happy meals are for?  Or there's always Benadryl Wink

HEHE, Happy Meals are good for about 30 minutes, but the Benadryl might do the trick  Cheesy Wink
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:33 pm »

This won't fit what she is looking for.   But there is a great house for rent at 1315 S. Houston.   2 bdrm 1 bath, 1000 sq ft.  1 car detached garage.   They provide lawn service, as it is a beautiful yard.   $900/month.   It looks great.   

It a couple of blocks from my office I was driving by today and saw it, I picked up the info thinking of this thread but then saw the person that started this has a pet and no pets allowed at this house.

Anybody wanting to live near the river this is a great house. 

Trust but verify
tigerlily
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 10:52:06 am »

Thanks for the input everyone! I will definitely steer clear of Perry Properties, so big thanks for that heads up.  Also, I had noticed that Express Rentz on Craigslist, but I wasn't sure of them.  I will check them out though now and see what I can find.  I will check that other link out as well! Also, I agree about driving around, and I will probably do a bit of that.  With two kids under 5, it can just make things a bit more difficult sometimes.  I just want to make sure I have plenty of options open to find something, and the sooner the better Smiley
I don't know if you have anything yet but I found this thread I would steer clear of Exprez Rentz. I called them the other day and they charge 39-60.00 just to give you a list of rentals then you do the leg work. Waste of money as I see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org