A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:28:29 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelly Drive from Yorktown to Peoria open  (Read 1491 times)
bugo
Civic Leader

« on: July 14, 2010, 05:13:53 pm »

The westbound frontage road (Skelly Drive) along I-44 between Yorktown Avenue and Peoria has been open for about 2 weeks.  It's concrete and VERY smooth.  I wonder how long until it starts falling apart?  I give it 5 years.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:19:22 pm »

My question was did they actually build the permanent post-expansion Skelly for that leg, or does it get torn up again in 2 years?

Another thing I watched was how fast they laid that stretch of road.  Once the Perryman ditch was completed, they put down that 3/4th mile stretch of road in like a week.   Nearly half a mile was done overnight using big machinery.  Meanwhile it takes about a year per mile with all these goodolboy construction companies that the city hires to string things along as slowly as possible.

bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:41:32 pm »

I assume it's the permanent Skelly Drive.  The connection to the existing road is slighly awkward which makes me think the existing road will be slightly relocated.

I drive US 59 in northern LeFlore County quite often, and I've been surprised how quickly the new concrete lanes are being built.  Hopefully the shoulders will come along quickly and the new lanes will be opened soon so ODOT can rehabilitate the old lanes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org