A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 09:40:36 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No call backs  (Read 2968 times)
tigerlily
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:33:33 am »

???Will someone please tell me why realtors will NOT call or email back. I have been looking for a place to rent/lease and have contacted 2 realtors for more information on the houses and not a one of them has called or emailed back. Have they made so much money that they don't need the business anymore. Realtors are the biggest bunch of lazy butts in the universe.
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:54:17 am »

I'm glad you brought this up.  My girlfriend and I ran into this when we were needing to rent in the Jenks school district.  I'd say we received a call or email back a 1/3 of time.  Also, just because there is a "for rent" sign in front of the house does not mean the house is available for rent.

-end rant
tigerlily
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:39 am »

I know what you mean I looked at some houses that had the for rent sign in the yard made the call and was told "oh it's been rented we just forgot to take the sign out of the yard". Do people not realize that it is stressful enough to try to find a place to rent but wastes time and energy to try to get ahold of the realtors or owners only to either not get a call back or be told that the place is already rented.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:12:19 am »

My guess is, there's not near the $$ in it for a realtor on a rental vs. selling a home.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tigerlily
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:17:33 am »

My guess is, there's not near the $$ in it for a realtor on a rental vs. selling a home.
You are probably right so why do they bother seems like a waste of time for both parties.
waterboy
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:17 pm »

If you gave them your name, they may have done a quick google check or credit inquiry and didn't like what they saw. Also, many real estate people leave their signs out front of rental property or sold properties in an effort to get free advertising and prospects. I don't think its legal but I don't think they care.
Hawkins
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »

True. If you weren't recruited to live in that Jenks (or Union) neighborhood because of your son's athletic abilities, they won't call back, or they will tell you the house is no longer for rent.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 08:07:42 am »

True. If you weren't recruited to live in that Jenks (or Union) neighborhood because of your son's athletic abilities, they won't call back, or they will tell you the house is no longer for rent.

HA ! + 1 Hawk. LMAO.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »

Huh
What's funny about a simple statement of fact?

It's neighborhood steering....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 08:07:24 am »

Huh
What's funny about a simple statement of fact?

It's neighborhood steering....

I went to Union. I played Football. I can relate.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org