A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:23 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethics complaint over business cards for the mayor's wife  (Read 3225 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: August 31, 2010, 01:12:41 pm »

You've gotta be freaking kidding me Pyle:

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=13073832

TULSA, OK -- The Tulsa City Council will not create an ordinance that would approve of the Mayor's wife having official City business cards.

The City Council considered the ordinance after an ethics complaint was filed over Mayor Bartlett's wife, Victoria Bartlett, being issued a $16 box of business cards to use in her role as a volunteer. The cards carry the City of Tulsa seal, which could violate a city prohibition against non-employees making use of the official seal.

Councilor John Eagleton proposed the ordinance to clear up any confusion over the use of the cards, but he was alone in wanting to take action on it. The other Councilors wanted to drop the idea and let the ethics complaint run its course. Several Councilors suggested the complaint was petty and silly.

Councilor Jack Henderson didn't want to do it because of the precedent it might set.

"My concern is that if we decide that we want to let spouses of mayors get business cards, then we'll expand it to the kids and then to the grandparents... and we'll have this whole city running around with business cards because they are tied to the mayor," Henderson said.

Other Councilors didn't want to pursue it so the controversy would go away as soon as possible.

Councilor Bill Christiansen said, "I think it's a shame that the mayor's wife has been even subjected to this" and Councilor GT Bynum agreed. "I think it's a shame that a city volunteer is the center of being an ethics complaint for being a city volunteer," said Bynum.

Councilor John Eagleton said, "I disagree with all of you. The mayor's wife spends a lot of time working for the City of Tulsa. I don't have a problem with it and I don't know why you all do. Let the girl have her cards.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »

Yes much to do about nothing.  This is what happens when adults play "student council".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 01:36:00 pm »

Seriously, what a bunch of nincompoops.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »

It's not going to stop until we flush.  No matter how hard we try to fish the turds out, nothing beats a fresh bowl.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:59 am »

Hey guy's. My Brother was the idiot who filed the complaint against Mayor Bartlett for getting free council.
I was almost sure that this was another of his attention getting complaints. Not possitive who filed this one.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:20:44 am »

Why does she get a cityoftulsa.org email address?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:39 pm »

Why does she get a cityoftulsa.org email address?

File an ethics complaint...

Hmmm, I wonder if Mrs. Grizzle would have gotten one if you had been elected to the council?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org