A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:28:53 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa West Bank Development  (Read 53793 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 09:27:36 am »

Oh geez, they were playing this up on KRMG.  Even though I'm no fan of Mayor Simonson and his sock puppet, I think they are going to be wrongly accused by the public for stifling development.  That's not the case.  They are going to put out an RFP which is entirely appropriate.

My read on this was Jerry Gordon might be able to put financing together to build the buildings, but the only land on the west bank in that vicinity for private development would be the concrete plant or Westport.  There's a gaping hole in the middle there that belongs to- the citizens of Tulsa.  There's the parcel north of the bridge, but that belongs to the citizens as well.

Seeing that public land is involved or rumors that he was wanting the city to purchase the concrete plant, putting this out for RFP is the proper way to go about it.  I suspect Gordon could not get his financing in order and this is his way of saving face.  I can't believe a developer with his experience would think he could simply work out an exclusive deal with the city and the city would not look at all options available. 

This is the same process used in awarding the site on the east bank of the river to the Blue Rose.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 09:59:44 am »

During a council committee meeting Tuesday on the bidding process, Councilor Bill Christiansen mentioned Gordon's plan, noting that he's "a local guy, with a local idea," with river development experience.

Um.. isn't he bankrupt and had to turn over parts, if not all, of his last development to other people?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 10:01:35 am »

I suspect Gordon could not get his financing in order and this is his way of saving face. 

Bingo.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 10:06:12 am »

Bingo.

Kind of like blaming the dog for your own fart, don't you think?  Bartlet (sic) has gotten the image of an incompetent leader, so he's an easy target for Gordon to blame his own shortcomings.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:57 pm »

Defiantly not the way to go about things.  It seems like this was an emotional moment, perhaps fueled by consumption of too many non-Marshalls products.

I wonder how long he hovered his cursor over the send button before he clicked.

50% of business is being able to anticipate the fruits of your actions. . .all of them. Huh

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 03:10:28 pm »

The email he sent to Mayor Simonson.  No one makes a remote attempt to defend Gordon in the comments section.  As I recall, his Easyriders store failed.  What has this guy done commercially which has been a complete success?

"From: Jerry Gordon
Date: Friday, December 3, 2010
Subject:

To: "Simonson, Terry" CC: Christiansen, Bill; CC: Robertson, Jim

Mr. Simonson,  This letter is to inform you that at this time I am backing down on my plans to develop the West bank as I have spent the last 7 months planning.  I have to say you and the Mayor's interference in my project is legally wrong and could be fought as Tortuous (sic) interference, also known as Intentional interference with contractual relations but I think fighting that is something that this City doesn't need to go through at this time with this administration. I was trying to help MY city, not hurt it as I feel you are doing.  I will warn you of this though, Please do not attempt to distribute or copy my plans in any way or I will seek legal action.  I confided in you and the Mayor and expect that much out of you.  One more point, when I started this process I asked of Julie Minor and Clay Byrd, in our first meeting, to please not let politics get into our planning because I have seen what can happen.  You have sure shown me why Tulsa s always trailing Oklahoma City.   
Jerry R. Gordon
JRG Developments,LLC"

http://krmg.com/localnews/2010/12/jerry-gordon-email-to-tulsa-ma.html

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 03:51:42 pm »

The plan was kinda cool.  It incorporated a harbor.

Besides the RiverWalk, I think he has only built houses under "Timbercarver Homes."  I think he's been a partner in several developments, but they are all residential to my knowledge.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »

BTW, That image is on the projects section of Jerry's website.  Download it now, because i'm sure it will be gone by tomorrow.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »

Ooops, I think you distributed his "plan".  Nice knowing you...

The plan was kinda cool.  It incorporated a harbor.

Besides the RiverWalk, I think he has only built houses under "Timbercarver Homes."  I think he's been a partner in several developments, but they are all residential to my knowledge.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 04:08:01 pm »

Good Gawd, who is his web developer?

http://www.tulsa-riverwalk.com/

Where was the plan you had, not having luck finding "that" site.

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 04:19:41 pm »

You think this thing works in reverse?

http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/

The real test would be the OK legislature page.  I often send that to friends in other corners of the country.  Its always good for a laugh.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
waterboy
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:30 pm »

That "harbor" appears to be the lagoon that the amphitheater floats in. That's no harbor and is planned to be filled in because it just doesn't work right. A harbor is possible but it wouldn't look like that and it wouldn't be right there if I built it.

Secondly, this guy needs to get a pr person or a lawyer to write his stuff and meet with people. That letter to Simonson sucks, It is filled with sour grapes over not getting firs dibs, (and I don't even care for the current administration), but that is just not appropriate. I tried to make contact with him back when he was building Riverwalk to try and incorporate a harbor there. I used to drive my airboat past the farm that was there. I could never get a face to face with him. The best I got was an e-mail iirc that simply said "maybe later". Lots of marketing blunders over there.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 04:47:04 pm »

That "harbor" appears to be the lagoon that the amphitheater floats in. That's no harbor and is planned to be filled in because it just doesn't work right. A harbor is possible but it wouldn't look like that and it wouldn't be right there if I built it.

Secondly, this guy needs to get a pr person or a lawyer to write his stuff and meet with people. That letter to Simonson sucks, It is filled with sour grapes over not getting firs dibs, (and I don't even care for the current administration), but that is just not appropriate. I tried to make contact with him back when he was building Riverwalk to try and incorporate a harbor there. I used to drive my airboat past the farm that was there. I could never get a face to face with him. The best I got was an e-mail iirc that simply said "maybe later". Lots of marketing blunders over there.

As I recall from the failed Easyriders development, the esteem he's got for himself is a bit high. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »

Good Gawd, who is his web developer?

http://www.tulsa-riverwalk.com/

Where was the plan you had, not having luck finding "that" site.

http://jrgdevelopment.com/

spartanokc
OKC Nag
Citizen

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 01:42:31 am »

"From: Jerry Gordon
Date: Friday, December 3, 2010
Subject:

To: "Simonson, Terry" CC: Christiansen, Bill; CC: Robertson, Jim

Mr. Simonson,  This letter is to inform you that at this time I am backing down on my plans to develop the West bank as I have spent the last 7 months planning.  I have to say you and the Mayor's interference in my project is legally wrong and could be fought as Tortuous (sic) interference, also known as Intentional interference with contractual relations but I think fighting that is something that this City doesn't need to go through at this time with this administration. I was trying to help MY city, not hurt it as I feel you are doing.  I will warn you of this though, Please do not attempt to distribute or copy my plans in any way or I will seek legal action.  I confided in you and the Mayor and expect that much out of you.  One more point, when I started this process I asked of Julie Minor and Clay Byrd, in our first meeting, to please not let politics get into our planning because I have seen what can happen.  You have sure shown me why Tulsa s always trailing Oklahoma City.  
Jerry R. Gordon
JRG Developments,LLC"

http://krmg.com/localnews/2010/12/jerry-gordon-email-to-tulsa-ma.html

He forgot to mention to them that their mothers are fat and ugly. Did he ever *have* a contract in the first place, or is he just kvetching because Bartlett and Christiansen led him on?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org