A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:31:11 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The revenuers are at it again  (Read 13474 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 05:08:44 pm »

You ever see the cleanup needed after a homeless guy eats a bad egg salad sandwich?

The area should be roped off and declared a Super Fund site.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »

Time was when it took the trunk of the Tulsa police car just to hold the two-way radio equipment.  It was replaced with the small uniform attached two way radio.  Now the cell phone that can fit in a shirt pocket is more adaptable. Then the trunks were equipped with fire extinguisher’s but in a very short time they were unable to find one when boats were required to carry them.  Then it would be a rare occasion to observe and officer changing a flat tire on a police car when his two-way -radio is working.  From the earliest days of Boston the lamp lighter and the street sweeper were visible. Tulsa spends hundreds of thousands  of dollars for street sweeping machines and spends multimillion dollars of fire protection to sweep the streets.  They spend millions for the automatic switch to turn on the light.

There is a solution to this whole problem.  Just increase the taxes on the food needed by the working poor, assess more taxes on them to be given to the ever expanding  bureaucracies, then make fun of anyone that thinks the city should live within a budget.

Be sure that we encase the hornets nest in concrete because by simple arithmetic there is a time when they will abandon the nest to stand in the way of our progress.     

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 08:22:42 pm »

Time was when it took the trunk of the Tulsa police car just to hold the two-way radio equipment.  It was replaced with the small uniform attached two way radio.  Now the cell phone that can fit in a shirt pocket is more adaptable. Then the trunks were equipped with fire extinguisher’s but in a very short time they were unable to find one when boats were required to carry them.  Then it would be a rare occasion to observe and officer changing a flat tire on a police car when his two-way -radio is working.  From the earliest days of Boston the lamp lighter and the street sweeper were visible. Tulsa spends hundreds of thousands  of dollars for street sweeping machines and spends multimillion dollars of fire protection to sweep the streets.  They spend millions for the automatic switch to turn on the light.

There is a solution to this whole problem.  Just increase the taxes on the food needed by the working poor, assess more taxes on them to be given to the ever expanding  bureaucracies, then make fun of anyone that thinks the city should live within a budget.

Be sure that we encase the hornets nest in concrete because by simple arithmetic there is a time when they will abandon the nest to stand in the way of our progress.     

Now you done did it. Countdown to the smartest man in the universe to criticize your post 3...2...1

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 11:15:51 pm »

Now you done did it. Countdown to the smartest man in the universe to criticize your post 3...2...1

You are too kind.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 11:27:13 pm »

You are too kind.

Grin

+1

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 02:03:11 pm »

That was pretty shocking. Shadows made a post that was possible to parse as something other than the output of a random word generator.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 02:12:38 pm »

That was pretty shocking. Shadows made a post that was possible to parse as something other than the output of a random word generator.

At least it didn't read like a passage from the King James version of the Bible.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:38 pm »

At least it didn't read like a passage from the King James version of the Bible.
I got my card in the mail this last week stating that internet diplomas were now available for $25.00 and up.  It allows one to assume that the need by the administrators in city hall has been fill or exhausted and new sources must be opened.

Being not a student of the order of King James to rewrite segments of the Bible, nor the destruction of Rome in the 3rd century, the church failure in the East, revitalized by the crusades by England, which contributed to the United States conquest, as possibly predicted by John in his wittings, predicting the days of the Apooaslypose of which we seem be living today.

As is predicted our lives are numbered as the sands of the sea and so were the numbers in past histories of bureaucracies, liken the 1,000 thousand year old calendar of the Mayan’s that ends in December of 2012.  Could our date be written and overlooked?  No nation has survived over 200 years 

Got to go now to see what internet diplomas are available in the $100.00 range.

I want to understand the changing of the city charter where people will vote away their right to elect their leader and leave that up to permit office holders to appoint one of the good-old-boys to a possible lifetime positions to wear the crown.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 08:01:42 pm »

I got my card in the mail this last week stating that internet diplomas were now available for $25.00 and up.  It allows one to assume that the need by the administrators in city hall has been fill or exhausted and new sources must be opened.

Being not a student of the order of King James to rewrite segments of the Bible, nor the destruction of Rome in the 3rd century, the church failure in the East, revitalized by the crusades by England, which contributed to the United States conquest, as possibly predicted by John in his wittings, predicting the days of the Apooaslypose of which we seem be living today.

As is predicted our lives are numbered as the sands of the sea and so were the numbers in past histories of bureaucracies, liken the 1,000 thousand year old calendar of the Mayan’s that ends in December of 2012.  Could our date be written and overlooked?  No nation has survived over 200 years 

Got to go now to see what internet diplomas are available in the $100.00 range.

I want to understand the changing of the city charter where people will vote away their right to elect their leader and leave that up to permit office holders to appoint one of the good-old-boys to a possible lifetime positions to wear the crown.

OK, I retract my above post.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 09:35:58 pm »

days of the Apooaslypose

I don't seem to remember the days of the Apooaslypose.

I had planned to ride an appaloosa to Lolapoluza but got stuck in a little pollution in the Appalachians.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 03:15:10 pm »

I don't seem to remember the days of the Apooaslypose.

I had planned to ride an appaloosa to Lolapoluza but got stuck in a little pollution in the Appalachians.
That goes to show you that us’n working poor can only spend $10 dollars for one of those internet diplomas and it does not cover typo’s.  Iff’n the president will get some more well-fare money printed we will try  to upgrade to one of those $25 dollars internet diplomas required on these posts.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 09:01:19 am »

That goes to show you that us’n working poor can only spend $10 dollars for one of those internet diplomas and it does not cover typo’s.  Iff’n the president will get some more well-fare money printed we will try  to upgrade to one of those $25 dollars internet diplomas required on these posts.

Quite right. The cost of internet diplomas is a travesty.  The government should offer a program where the working poor can receive their internet diploma for free.

I is a lawyer now!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 12:59:20 pm »

Just wondering, have I been band from this board or did that Telo company who’s computers seem to want to charge for 14 months on internet in a one year period actually disconnect their service?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:10:14 pm by shadows » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »

Just wondering, have I been band from this board or did that Telo company who’s computers seem to want to charge for 14 months on internet in a one year period actually disconnect their service?

You've obviously not been banned if you're posting.

The rest of your post however makes little if any sense to me.  Are you afraid to name the 'Telo' company?  If so, why?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 03:52:49 pm »

He meant Telegraph. He not only has trouble spelling, it just is made more difficult when you have to remember all the dots and dashes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org