A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:19:48 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's my money and I want it now.  (Read 1754 times)
shadows
City Father

« on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:09 pm »

It’s my money and I want it now.

I keep hearing this on the TV media by several people.  Now read it in the news paper of which our mayor is making the same cry.  

It would seem that there was an overestimating to complete jobs and other usage of the stimulus funds allotted by the president.  These estimates (with tongue in cheek) could have included payola that has been clouded by the out of state federal GJ.

I would believe that these are onetime funds and in no way attached to the permit city budget.  But if we accept them then the next year budget would require local collection of such funds to balance the budget.  That is related to more taxes to be collect from the working poor regardless of the smell of the rose.

Is there any citizens that believe we should become self supporting and live within our means?

Do the citizens want to be taxed out of their homes while they determine if “this money is mind and I want it now“?

Is it time to let the air out of the bloated bureaucracy as has been recommended by the surveys gathering dust being shelved              
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:00:04 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org