A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:11:05 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shame on the carpenters union for flying the USA Flag upside down  (Read 20674 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 12:30:08 pm »

Buckeye,
The only way it is too much money for the job is if the alternative is to invite all those illegals that everyone seems to complain so much about to do the work for $3.00 per hour.  THEN they bid too much.

But wouldn't that be contrary to the loudly voiced complaints and ridiculous legislative efforts of several states to try to limit the importation of "slave labor"??  Not to mention the self interest of the businesses doing same importation??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 12:57:26 pm »

Buckeye,
The only way it is too much money for the job is...

if the customer doesn't want to pay that much.

(Insert all the standard talking points here about Unions, monopolies, scabs, slave labor, right to work, collective bargaining,...)

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »

if the customer doesn't want to pay that much.

(Insert all the standard talking points here about Unions, monopolies, scabs, slave labor, right to work, collective bargaining,...)

I remember when I was a kid, probably 10, and my dad was painting our house. Some union painter stopped his car in front of our house and started b!tching about how my dad was not using union labor to paint his own house. Didn't think anything more dooshy could be done by unions, until of course what I have seen over the past month or so. 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:09 pm »

I remember when I was a kid, probably 10, and my dad was painting our house. Some union painter stopped his car in front of our house and started b!tching about how my dad was not using union labor to paint his own house. Didn't think anything more dooshy could be done by unions, until of course what I have seen over the past month or so.  

Remember, never try this at home.  Leave it to trained professionals.    Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »

RA,
Yeah, and I never want to pay more than what my first new car cost either ($50.00).  Wish in one hand, s*** in the other.  See which gets full first.

All,
But if you are big in business and can buy your very own legislature, you can afford to keep them from passing laws that will cost you more than $3.00 an hour to <fill in the labor blank> with slave labor.  Goes well with that wonderful 16% tax rate, doesn't it Guido?

Remember how just a few weeks ago, those paragons of conservative values in Texas passed the illegal's law that would get rid of all of them....except for the ones that do housework?

So now, your roofer has to do a little dusting.  The bricklayer can do the dishes.  The lawn care dudes can wash the windows.  And they get to keep their cheap labor, and get a little "extra" for their money.  Win, win!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »

RA,
Yeah, and I never want to pay more than what my first new car cost either ($50.00).  Wish in one hand, s*** in the other.  See which gets full first.

Bid too much for a job.  Watch your competitor (not necessarily imported slave labor) bid less.  See who gets the job.

Except in some places with Union monopoly laws, it's called competition, not slave labor.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 05:42:35 pm »

Except in this country, it's all about the illegal immigrant.  And not doing anything to stop the flow because that is how we get the cheap labor.

You know how easy it is to stop illegals if we want to stop them.  (But we don't).  It is so trivial, even a caveman can understand it.  Make it a felony with big fines and prison for the CEO, President, and Vice Presidents of companies that hire them.  Problem solved.  Deep in your heart, you know it's true!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »

Except in this country, it's all about the illegal immigrant.  And not doing anything to stop the flow because that is how we get the cheap labor.
You know how easy it is to stop illegals if we want to stop them.  (But we don't).  It is so trivial, even a caveman can understand it.  Make it a felony with big fines and prison for the CEO, President, and Vice Presidents of companies that hire them.  Problem solved.  Deep in your heart, you know it's true!!

Even eliminating all illegal immigrants will not stop the competition (except where outlawed by pro-Union legislation) from people looking for work.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »

But if you take the illegal skewing out of the situation, you now have $15 or 16 per hour bidding against $15 or 16 per hour.  Instead of $15 per hour bidding against $3 per hour.

Remember the John Pickle slavery case a few years ago?  He was "paying" them about $1.50 per hour.  IF he paid them.

To the Democrats, low wages are the problem.
To the Republicans, low wages are the solution.

And this situation shows every sign of getting worse from here on out as we move bravely forward into the new age of post-industrialist America.  Gotta love it.  Or just collapse in complete despair and cry.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:17 pm »

But if you take the illegal skewing out of the situation, you now have $15 or 16 per hour bidding against $15 or 16 per hour.  Instead of $15 per hour bidding against $3 per hour.

Or maybe $13/hr bidding against $15 or $16/hr.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 09:53:00 pm »

If you think illegals are getting paid below industry standards your nuts.....

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:51 pm »

If you think illegals are getting paid below industry standards your nuts.....

Well, if they didn't have papers they wouldn't have to pay the 8% employment taxes.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »

Well, if they didn't have papers they wouldn't have to pay the 8% employment taxes.

If they steal someone's active SS Number, they pay the tax.  The real owner of that number will then get dinged by the IRS for not filing enough income (that they didn't know about) and paying income tax on it.  It happened to a friend and his wife, really.  It took years to straighten out. Even then it was only proven because it was not possible for the friend's wife and the illegal to be working at the same time several hundred miles apart.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 12:47:07 pm »

If you think illegals are making more, then you are either hiring them and trying to spread disinformation, or hiring them and just lying about it, or just uniformed about the reality.  Can you spell "John Pickle" company?  The norm rather than the exception.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 01:13:08 pm »

Goes well with that wonderful 16% tax rate, doesn't it Guido?

What is it with you and that damned 16% tax rate LIE you keep spewing. Are you an idiot or just jealous. Who knows. And yes, I am attacking you on this because I already told you that assertion is crap.

This brilliant and blatant dig at me will go unnoticed, but feel free to continue whining about me digging at others:

He could be entertaining if he didn't jump to the personal attack as his first line of discourse.  There is always a snarky comment (either to initiate or reply) followed by maybe one retort, then immediately resort to his "final solution" - the personal attack!

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=17280.0

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org