A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 08:16:53 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shame on the carpenters union for flying the USA Flag upside down  (Read 20612 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 05:35:00 pm »

Haven't read all the posts on here but imo I am glad this union group is in town.  First off they are hiring people and its money coming into the city and state from elsewhere.  Secondly its great advertising for the businesses they are protesting in front of.  (Apparently they are under some absolutely absurd and silly notion that the people in this very conservative state are on the unions side? lol)  Everyone in town already knows what this group is about and could care less at this point BUT it is good, free, attention getting, advertising.  As soon as I have something that I will be building and needing sheetrock for I will hand them a card and ask them to come protest in front of my business.  It would be a way of employing people, and not on my dime, and hey are good at catching your eye so it would be some great free advertisement. Win win  Grin  I think everyone should do this and I hope the union keeps this up for many years to come.

I have to admit, I hadn't thought about it that way.  Maybe it's not so bad after all.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2011, 05:09:57 pm »

There are more public employees in the United States than nearly every other industry.  I have very conservative friends who get a government job and quickly stop whining about governmental waste.  Not because they realize it isn't horribly wasteful, on the contrary; they realize the gig is sweet when they get in on it.  Something is wrong when working for the government is considered superior to the public sector across the board.

I digress -

great take on the Union operating as organized thugs.  Take our bid or face the consequences! 

I'm surprised thew well organized union effort in Wisconsin was dumb enough to essentially extort  a business for support...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org