A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:24:18 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now THIS is what strength and heart looks like  (Read 7558 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: March 24, 2011, 10:22:41 pm »

God bless this young girl (sorry if I offended Cust and Swake):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Middle-schooler-postpones-amputation-to-fulfill-?urn=highschool-wp345

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:44:24 am »

Sorry to derail this, but since you had to make the comment I feel the need to. Other's religion does not bother or offend me.  One may even ask whatever deity they worship to bless me and I feel it is a nice gesture.  It simply bothers me when others try to push their religion on others.  It bothers me more when they try to get advertisments of their religion, in some shape, form or fashion, through laws and the government, and then try to pretend it has nothing to do with religion.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:25:45 am »

Sorry to derail this, but since you had to make the comment I feel the need to. Other's religion does not bother or offend me.  One may even ask whatever deity they worship to bless me and I feel it is a nice gesture.  It simply bothers me when others try to push their religion on others.  It bothers me more when they try to get advertisments of their religion, in some shape, form or fashion, through laws and the government, and then try to pretend it has nothing to do with religion.

It's a little sad he used the girl's story to attempt a swipe at you.  Very Christian I guess.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:29 am »

It's a little sad he used the girl's story to attempt a swipe at you.  Very Christian I guess.

More like 'very Gweed'...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:32 am »

It's a little sad he used the girl's story to attempt a swipe at you.  Very Christian I guess.

Just as Christian as his constantly vilifying people in need and worshiping the almighty dollar.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:26:46 am »

Just as Christian as his constantly vilifying people in need and worshiping the almighty dollar.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Prosthelytizer  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:39 am »

Prosthelytizer  Wink

Smite me oh mighty smiter
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:40:51 am »

Smite me oh mighty smiter

Thou shalt be smoten
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:59:28 am »

Ya'll give guido a break. Just because he has been off his game lately, don't mean he won't snap out of it.

I bet even Tiger Woods wins another golf tournament some day.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 05:50:41 pm »

Obviously if you had enough money you could just shrink the camel or get a bigger needle.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »

Obviously if you had enough money you could just shrink the camel or get a bigger needle.

That's a damn good point.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »

That's a damn good point.

Here's my obligatory Marshalls beer post:

Hic!*

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 11:33:03 am »

I see Mr. Wet Nurse has weighed in. Oh, and I took another indirect swipe at those guys in Ferraro's passing's thread. I will look forward to you doing the same over there.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 10:04:48 pm »

I see Mr. Wet Nurse has weighed in. Oh, and I took another indirect swipe at those guys in Ferraro's passing's thread. I will look forward to you doing the same over there.

Nah.  You're doing your own damage.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 10:09:45 pm »

Nah.  You're doing your own damage.

I agree
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org