A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:43:13 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Grocery Coming To Detroit Lofts?  (Read 39981 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: March 25, 2011, 05:22:30 pm »

(Tulsa, OK) - It's all very hush-hush at the moment, but KRMG News has gotten persistent reports that a prominent local restaurant owner and developer has plans to put a grocery store in the recently developed Detroit Lofts near ONEOK Field at 1st and Detroit in downtown Tulsa.

Developers have been seeking a grocery store for the downtown area for years, seeing it as an obvious, necessary catalyst to maintain the momentum that's already been created with downtown residential projects like the Philtower Lofts and the Mayo Hotel and others.

KRMG News contacted the restaurant owner in question.  He could not, at this time, confirm the reports about his supposed plans but neither did he deny them.

Brickhugger LLC, the developer of the Detroit Lofts as well as The Mayo, has said since they opened in the fall of last year that  the goal was to have a grocery on the ground floor of the Detroit Lofts.  The space was designed with that in mind.

Even without a grocery store, the Detroit Lofts quickly leased all of the 16 available units, but a grocery, if it does go there, would potentially serve the entire downtown area.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/downtown-grocery-coming-detroit-lofts/n8yh/

Trust but verify
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:32:56 pm »

I have heard this rumor and discussed it with the parties. It seems a good idea.

Power is nothing till you use it.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:58:40 pm »

If this happens, it could help spur more development in the area. (lot next door to them at Archer and Elgin, as well as vast parking lot at Detroit and Archer) I wonder if this is the one that Townsend mentioned....? But his said vacant building...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:17:32 pm »

Macy was at The Max speaking to a group along with Micheal Sager the other day.  I did not get a chance to really listen to what was going on, but just them collaborating and this coming about makes you stop and think.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:24:55 pm »

Macy was at The Max speaking to a group along with Micheal Sager the other day. 

She is working with someone else on this project.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:32 pm »

You said you have conversed with both parties. Do you think it is likely to hapen?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:57 pm »

yes

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »

Eliott Nelson was planning to do a restaurant in the 1st Street lofts 4 years ago (when do the taxpayers get their money back?)

So I'm guessing the restaurateur is Nelson
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 10:52:20 pm »

She is working with someone else on this project.
Really wish I had been able to stick around to hear what all was going on, but still makes you wonder regardless
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »

If this happens, it could help spur more development in the area. (lot next door to them at Archer and Elgin, as well as vast parking lot at Detroit and Archer) I wonder if this is the one that Townsend mentioned....? But his said vacant building...

Existing building.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 10:05:13 am »

Ooooh, okay...
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:32:35 am »

I talked to the "developer" about 6 months ago and they said the same thing than, they are looking for a restaurant for the north end lower level and on the south side a grocery store but its been a long road, I don't see how this is breaking news unless someone went over and took a tour...but there are alot of smoke and mirrors spin to getting free publicity also for your loft project!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »

This was posted on Twitter Friday:

BREAKING: @blake_ewing to open an Urban Grocery store downtown #Tulsa, later this year. Woot! #smtulsa

http://twitter.com/SocMediaTulsa/statuses/51054062057164800

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »

I talked to the "developer" about 6 months ago and they said the same thing than, they are looking for a restaurant for the north end lower level and on the south side a grocery store but its been a long road, I don't see how this is breaking news unless someone went over and took a tour...but there are alot of smoke and mirrors spin to getting free publicity also for your loft project!

Zstyles, why would they need publicity? Their lofts are 100% occupied. Also, I have heard that Blake Ewing is doing this project. I have also heard that Elliot Nelson is doing it, does anybody know?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 04:15:37 pm »

Zstyles, why would they need publicity? Their lofts are 100% occupied. Also, I have heard that Blake Ewing is doing this project. I have also heard that Elliot Nelson is doing it, does anybody know?

Elliot is not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org