A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:42:39 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S & P Downgraded U.S.  (Read 15419 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 03:46:08 pm »

Hmm, turns out that SoapWorks was only registered in Arizona from 2001 to 2003, and was dissolved because she didn't pay the fees to keep it active. It was registered on 10/30/2001, but failed to file its first annual report in 8/2002, leading to the corporation's dissolution. Great businesswoman.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:48:09 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »

how many people have you hired in your career?
Do contractors count, or do they have to be W-2 employees?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

Hmm, turns out that SoapWorks was only registered in Arizona from 2001 to 2003, and was dissolved because she didn't pay the fees to keep it active. It was registered on 10/30/2001, but failed to file its first annual report in 8/2002, leading to the corporation's dissolution. Great businesswoman.

Good Lord!  It went from debt to $10 million in 3 years and she sold it to a conglomerate.  In less than 3 years here products were in every grocery in the US and Canada.

Dude, give it up.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 03:57:49 pm »

LOL, she's delinquent on AMA Productions' annual report again this year. She's really good at filing the paperwork, apparently. Her 60 days expired a few days ago, so she'd better get on the stick.

You got a reference for that, Gassy?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »

Wow, this thread has a hand-wringing factor of about eleventy billion...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 04:03:41 pm »

Yep, she even wrote a book. Doesn't change the fact that the company she identifies herself with on Fox is a PR firm. I didn't realize people were limited to one business at a time? If you read the article you reference, you'd note she "closed" SoapWorks in 2004. If it was such a success, you'd think she'd have sold it, not closed it. By the way, she doesn't run Lucky Napkin, so yeah, her business is marketing. Apparently she's pretty good at it. On LinkedIn, she claims AMA Productions was founded in 2002, but the domain is only a year old. The phone number on said domain comes back to one Anthony Tesoriero. Eventually, I'll track down where the business is registered. I don't have anything better to do this afternoon. Tongue

Doctor Bronze Solar Potions Inc.
   254 W. 31st
   7th Floor
   New York, New York 10001
   United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: LUCKYNAPKIN.COM
      Created on: 22-Aug-07
      Expires on: 22-Aug-11
      Last Updated on: 23-Aug-09

Administrative Contact:
      Tesoriero, Anthony  doc@drbronze.com
      Doctor Bronze Solar Potions Inc.
      254 W. 31st
      7th Floor
      New York, New York 10001
      United States
      (212) 216-0696      Fax -- (516) 908-3519

I will say this for her: She has a great record of running/being associated with "companies" who never update their websites.

Gaspar, which company is listed in the Inc 500Who's Who?

No dumbass, you called her a "PR hack". Period.  Gas and I ripped you on it and you resort to blaming a poorly maintained website and that one of her companies is closed. Here's her linkedin page:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/amilya

And by the way, what's wrong with working in the public relations field? She helps business bring products to market. Oh the horror of that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:06:23 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »

LOL, she's delinquent on AMA Productions' annual report again this year. She's really good at filing the paperwork, apparently. Her 60 days expired a few days ago, so she'd better get on the stick.

You got a reference for that, Gassy?

And we have a tax cheat at the head of the treasury, so so what if she is late on filings. And by the way, I'd be careful asking ANYONE for a source given your history.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:19:03 pm by guido911 » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 04:09:04 pm »

Gas, get ready for the "I hired a neighborhood kid to mow my lawn" or "I hired an HVAC guy to fix my air conditioner" as  contractors he employed.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »

Gas, get ready for the "I hired a neighborhood kid to mow my lawn" or "I hired an HVAC guy to fix my air conditioner" as  contractors he employed.
OK, deadbeat.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 04:29:09 pm »

And we have a tax cheat at the head of the treasury, so so what if she is late on filings.

You're the one who has claimed for years that people who can't do their paperwork are worthless human beings. (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you certainly have condemned people guilty of paperwork errors, why not this one?)

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »

You're the one who has claimed for years that people who can't do their paperwork are worthless human beings. (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you certainly have condemned people guilty of paperwork errors, why not this one?)

Why do I need to condemn anyone but YOU in this thread? I posted a video from a very successful businesswomen going after a president that in her opinion/experience has inflicted injury onto the economy. Naturally, your reaction was to don the knee pads and call her a "hack" for no damned reason. You are left scurrying around looking to get a hold of any little thing and say "See, see, she is not a good businessperson". Seriously, late on filings and poor website management? That's the best you can do to discredit her? Palinzing.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »

Looks like the Senate is going to take a look at S&P.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/801-economy/175977-senate-banking-looking-into-sap-downgrade

Love this alternative headline given by allah:

“Feds leave dead fish on S&P’s doorstep.”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:49 pm »

Why do I need to condemn anyone but YOU in this thread? I posted a video from a very successful businesswomen going after a president that in her opinion/experience has inflicted injury onto the economy. Naturally, your reaction was to don the knee pads and call her a "hack" for no damned reason. You are left scurrying around looking to get a hold of any little thing and say "See, see, she is not a good businessperson". Seriously, late on filings and poor website management? That's the best you can do to discredit her? Palinzing.

Yeah, well, it is extremely disingenuous of her to come forward at this ridiculously late date and start making all these "oh so sincere and intense" protestations.  Where the hell was she in 2001??  Or 1981 for that matter?  Or 1969, when Nixon was doing his thing?  Oh, yeah...she wasn't alive then!  And has no sense or knowledge of history now!

It's all just a bunch of blah blah blah blah blah blah....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 05:27:09 pm »

Why do I need to condemn anyone but YOU in this thread? I posted a video from a very successful businesswomen going after a president that in her opinion/experience has inflicted injury onto the economy. Naturally, your reaction was to don the knee pads and call her a "hack" for no damned reason. You are left scurrying around looking to get a hold of any little thing and say "See, see, she is not a good businessperson". Seriously, late on filings and poor website management?
LOL, it's not about the website or the filings per se, it's that I don't believe much of her story beyond the fact that The SoapWorks, Inc. once existed and, by her own admission, didn't make much in the way of profit. I guess it just takes more to impress me than it does you. And yeah, I consider it a sign of disorganization when a person is chronically under threat of having their company dissolved because they can't be arsed to do 10 minutes worth of paperwork each year.

If I had wanted to get terribly nitpicky, I would have pointed out that she isn't in fact the CEO of AMA Productions. She's the President. Wink

FWIW, I did finally get California's idiotic website to bring up SoapWorks. It was registered there prior to moving to Arizona, it turns out.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 05:49:19 pm »

W-2. 

Anecdotal knowledge of business is not even close to the reality of running your own business or managing a business for someone else: hiring, managing, firing, and laying off people, keeping up with any number of legal requirements, filings, managing inventory, assets, etc. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org