A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:22:54 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Perry has almost killed Texas and now he wants to be President of America  (Read 16382 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 06:38:13 pm »

I see Inhofe and his followers around here are still into "fantasy politics". Good. Keeps you away from those fantasy football leagues. Have you all considered Palin for Interior and Bachman for Secretary of State? I know, she's a natural for Defense but....

Huntsman is the only reasonable Republican left. Too smart for Inhofe I'm sure.

I've actually been fairly impressed with Huntsman.  If he makes it through, and as long as he doesn't go all McCain and let his handler select a mental midget for a running mate, he has a chance.  Simply because he appeals to moderates and independents.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:51 am »

I've actually been fairly impressed with Huntsman.  If he makes it through, and as long as he doesn't go all McCain and let his handler select a mental midget for a running mate, he has a chance.  Simply because he appeals to moderates and independents.

Huntsman is done.  Not officially out mind you, but he doesn't have traction in the party.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:32 am »

Huntsman is done.  Not officially out mind you, but he doesn't have traction in the party.

2nd week in September he will throw in the towel.

No one really ever knew where he stood on issues, and he did little to clarify.  I suppose that's the mark of a moderate, and it seems that that is exactly what the country is NOT interested in at this time.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:55 am »

Agreed.   He's out.  Which is a shame, if you ask me, but there's no room for him as a party leader right now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 08:43:18 am »

2nd week in September he will throw in the towel.

No one really ever knew where he stood on issues, and he did little to clarify.  I suppose that's the mark of a moderate, and it seems that that is exactly what the country is NOT interested in at this time.

The country should embrace a moderate philosophy as deep partisanship is going nowhere.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:39 am »

The country should embrace a moderate philosophy as deep partisanship is going nowhere.

This.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:48 am »

Inhofe just reinforces everything I have ever said about him.

Talked to a friend of his family a few weeks ago, and you remember how he brags about never having a gay in his family?  Well, apparently a son makes up for it dramatically in the other direction.  Many more women than average...
that's gotta be better...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 01:57:37 pm »

I know it's not real but I don't disagree.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 07:15:41 am »

Huntsman is the only reasonable Republican left. Too smart for Inhofe I'm sure.

I have a large decorative rock in the front yard that is too smart for Inhofe.  Heck, it is smarter than Inhofe.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2011, 07:17:59 am »

Huh 

Are you kidding around?  (Can't tell since inflection is missing in notes...)

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:25 am »

I've been really surprised by Perry's traction so far.  I thought sure there'd be more of a Bachmann-Perry deathmatch-thing for the far right wing.  But it looks like Perry's got the momentum big time and Bachmann seems to have faded.  Time will tell, I suppose.

It's telling, I think, that Bachmann never put Romney too far back on his heels; Perry's already beating him in the polls.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2011, 08:05:26 am »

Huh 

Are you kidding around?  (Can't tell since inflection is missing in notes...)

No, serious as a heart attack.  What good has come from deep partisanship?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2011, 08:07:22 am »

I wouldn't count out Mitt Romney just yet. Republicans adore the rich and he is smarter than Perry, Bachman and Palin combined.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2011, 08:16:47 am »

I wouldn't count out Mitt Romney just yet. Republicans adore the rich and he is smarter than Perry, Bachman and Palin combined.

These are Republican's RecycleMichael.  Being smarter than Perry, Bachmann and Palin combined is seen as a bad thing.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:40 am »

These are Republican's RecycleMichael.  Being smarter than Perry, Bachmann and Palin combined is seen as a bad thing.

My sig line tells all...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org