A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:19:11 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Postal Center Closes  (Read 11296 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 04:40:52 pm »

Government fails when it is set up to fail and run by people who (quite realistically, many times) expect it to fail. Why on Earth would anyone think it's a good idea to put people who hate the idea of government in charge of government? That seems to me to make as much sense as putting an anti-capitalist hippie in charge of GE.

Like what you did there, tied the Tea Party and OWS into your statement.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:31 am »

This is an in-depth look at the USPS that makes a number of interesting points.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_23/b4231060885070.htm

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 10:31:20 am »

Have you shipped anything lately?   I had a few airplane gaskets shipped from Newton, KS in what amounted to a CD mailer.  It was about $12 by UPS.  I've asked them to use Priority Mail since then for about 1/2 the shipping cost.

Most all the shipping I do for my side business is USPS.  Their international flat rate stuff just took a decent increase.  Any of the larger stuff I ship out must go UPS.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org