A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:23:52 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gardener's books 11th and lewis?  (Read 2216 times)
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« on: March 10, 2012, 06:39:16 pm »

Driving west down 11th today, I noticed that there is a construction fence around the building that once was a car dealership but has since been used by Tulsa welding school (nw corner).  It looked like they were ripping out the interior.  At the western edge of the property was a sign saying gardener's used books.  Has anyone heard anything about this?  I think that would be a neat addition.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:50:25 am »

Driving west down 11th today, I noticed that there is a construction fence around the building that once was a car dealership but has since been used by Tulsa welding school (nw corner).  It looked like they were ripping out the interior.  At the western edge of the property was a sign saying gardener's used books.  Has anyone heard anything about this?  I think that would be a neat addition.

That's good news if its true. We need a book store in the area.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:09:40 am »

Pretty sure that's still the Tulsa Welding School expansion.  They're growing like crazy. 
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:18:52 am »

Are you sure that the sign said Gardner's Used Books, and not Gardner's Tax Service? Gardner's Tax Service has used the building before during tax season.

---Robert
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:40:01 am »

Are you sure that the sign said Gardner's Used Books, and not Gardner's Tax Service? Gardner's Tax Service has used the building before during tax season.

That might be it.  Maybe I saw 'bookkeeping and record keeping' and saw 'used books and records' becuase I wanted to.

Maybe when I'm done with this whole grad school thingy I'll open a used bookstore.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org