A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:32:12 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know of good price Fire sprinkler system installers.  (Read 12594 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 07:39:54 am »

Then the next really big concern is the heating and air units.  Guessing the airconditioning units will have to be replaced, but can perhaps wait till spring for that.  But keeping fingers crossed that at least the heating units might work ok for a while. 

Are they rooftop units?  If so, they are likely a combined heating/air unit where the functions are all combined in one box.  Heat can work without air, and air without heat, but really need to have checked out to make sure no gas leaks/burners ok/filters changed, or if electric heat (ouch!) that the elements are ok.  If heat pump, then heat/air are both compressor based, so air will work if heat does.

I mentioned changing filters - repeating here - filters always need to be changed.  Every installation I have ever seen that was not brand new, and then some of those were the worst due to construction dust.  Change before you start work, then after remodeling, change again.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 08:59:34 am »

Ok, latest hiccup for the new shop....   

We turned on the water at the meter, ran inside to see how things were going, any leaks etc. aaaand    no water.  Went back outside and noticed a new water feature coming up off to the side of the building where there are some plantings.   Stuck my hand down in there and found the pipe neatly cut, pointing out away from the building, and sticking out of the side of the sidewalk.   The plumber said his best guess is that when they put in the new fancy sidewalks they pushed the line off to the side then put the sidewalk in right over it.  The line should not be at sidewalk level but should be at least 18" deep.  It will likely cost quite a bit for me to redo this line.

Do I have any recourse with the city?  And if so, who should I contact?  And to make things even more fun, I am supposed to open in less than a month and very very likely wont be allowed to do that without water.     

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 09:37:49 am »

I hope the landlord is giving you a smoking deal on rent.  So far, it sounds like it's been a no-risk deal for them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 12:09:16 pm »

I would believe lack of water INTO the space would be landlord responsibility.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 10:21:40 am »

Ok, latest hiccup for the new shop....   

We turned on the water at the meter, ran inside to see how things were going, any leaks etc. aaaand    no water.  Went back outside and noticed a new water feature coming up off to the side of the building where there are some plantings.   Stuck my hand down in there and found the pipe neatly cut, pointing out away from the building, and sticking out of the side of the sidewalk.   The plumber said his best guess is that when they put in the new fancy sidewalks they pushed the line off to the side then put the sidewalk in right over it.  The line should not be at sidewalk level but should be at least 18" deep.  It will likely cost quite a bit for me to redo this line.

Do I have any recourse with the city?  And if so, who should I contact?  And to make things even more fun, I am supposed to open in less than a month and very very likely wont be allowed to do that without water.     

Call the city and talk with them with the attitude/expectation that they fix the problem caused by their sidewalk work.  At worst, all they can say is no.  Just keep pressing the fact that it was their work that led to the cut.

Otherwise, should be the landlord, but you will probably pay somehow someway somewhere along the line....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org