A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 10:19:40 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Despise Tag Agencies  (Read 9914 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 09:29:39 am »

Actually the tag/license system in Oklahoma is not bad, in some states you have very long waits. Here in Oklahoma I re-newed my tags in less than 10 minutes at the tag agency on Admiral.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 09:50:30 am »

Just left the Southside Tag Office on Lewis. Much better overall experience. Barnes' tag especially sucks. I recommend avoiding it.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »

Never a wait downtown.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 12:52:09 pm »

Never a wait downtown.

Or online
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:26 pm »

Or online

Unless the online site decides it cant figure out your insurance information. 
The online site isnt capable of any sort of troubleshooting, it either works one way or doesnt.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 01:04:13 pm »

Unless the online site decides it cant figure out your insurance information.  
The online site isnt capable of any sort of troubleshooting, it either works one way or doesnt.

I've never had any trouble with it.  I order from Southside where Guido went and am always surprised how fast they get the stickers out.

edit:  maybe not always surprised...that'd seem stupid by now.  I was surprised the first time.  I think by the 6th or seventh, whatever this last one was, I was pleased.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:07:13 pm by Townsend » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »

There is one at 81st and Elm in BA that usually is ok.  Norman has one that is good, too, at I-35 and Robinson if you are ever stuck in Norman needing a tag.... if that happens - condolences!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 02:25:56 pm »

Just left the Southside Tag Office on Lewis. Much better overall experience. Barnes' tag especially sucks. I recommend avoiding it.

Went today.  In and out in less than two minutes.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »

Went to the one on Admiral shortly after 8 am.  10 minutes for me (but I had to wait on the whole paperwork for T T & L).  Not bad.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 02:34:13 am »

In and out in less than two minutes.

Not something to brag about.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 06:19:52 am »

Not something to brag about.

You should have seen the woman that helped me.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 07:21:24 am »

Never a wait downtown.

And they are friendly. I took care of tag, new DL and some notary needs in less than ten minutes. It was a pleasure.

Do not go to the one on Harvard. Just sayin.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 08:24:46 am »

There is one at 81st and Elm in BA that usually is ok.  Norman has one that is good, too, at I-35 and Robinson if you are ever stuck in Norman needing a tag.... if that happens - condolences!!

81st and Elm is fine but on Saturday morning forget it. They are the only one open and by the line out the door, you can tell.

My tag was due in June. I have mailed in my renewal before and had no problem. This time was totally different. I sent it off the first week of May. And by the second week of June I still had not gotten my new sticker.
I called the Oklahoma City Tag agency and was told that they had changed their way of processing and that my tag had not been reviewed yet. I received it 3 days before the end of June. I'll be walking in to the tag agency from now on.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:58:53 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:22 am »

81st and Elm is fine but on Saturday morning forget it. They are the only one open and by the line out the door, you can tell.

My tag was due in June. I have mailed in my renewal before and had no problem. This time was totally different. I sent it off the first week off the first week of May and by the second week of June I still had not gotten my new sticker.
I called the Oklahoma City Tag agency and was told that they had changed their way of processing and that my tag had not been reviewed yet. I received it 3 days before the end of June. I'll be walking in to the tag agency from now on.

BA on Saturday - yep, ya gotta be there before 9:00am.  Weekday evenings are usually pretty good...or just about any time during weekday, except lunch.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 09:24:22 pm »

Driving in from Norman tonight and exiting at Yale, I see Suck Burger has a spot on the SW corner- I still don't see the draw.  Keo was packed tonight and apparently is doing very well on the NE corner.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org