A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:19:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wireless cable  (Read 3936 times)
citizen72
Civic Leader

« on: August 01, 2013, 11:59:37 pm »

We are going to buy a 22" flat screen television and need to connect it to our homes Cox Cable using wireless technology. Had a Cox repairman that there is something on the market that will provide this wireless function and each set can operate independently to each other in terms of channel selection.  The question is what kind of television should I buy and what will be the wireless cable transmitter.  Thanks

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 06:08:02 am »

As far as I know, there is nothing that will broadcast your HDTV signals from the wall to your TV. I think I heard U-Verse has a wifi cable box but that's not quite the same thing. That plus the boxes I've seen cost as much as that TV. Why not just run a cable?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:06:53 am »

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-wireless-hdmi-video-transmitter/
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:23:05 am »

That transmit video/audio signals, not cable broadcasts. You would have to hook that to a cable box and then point your rmeote at wherever the cable box is to change channels.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:52:18 pm »

That transmit video/audio signals, not cable broadcasts. You would have to hook that to a cable box and then point your rmeote at wherever the cable box is to change channels.

The remote issue is easily fixed with an IR extender.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 08:13:51 am »

The remote issue is easily fixed with an IR extender.

Assuming you can run an extender there, you might have to do RF.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 05:47:42 am »

U-Verse boxes are wireless.  We have them all over the house with excellent results.  Best decision we ever made was getting away from Sat tv.  Second best decision we ever made was when we switched from Cox to Sat previously.  We don't even use the remotes.  We control everything from our phones or iPads.  Far better interface than anyone else offers.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 06:22:48 am »

U-Verse boxes are wireless.  We have them all over the house with excellent results.  Best decision we ever made was getting away from Sat tv.  Second best decision we ever made was when we switched from Cox to Sat previously.  We don't even use the remotes.  We control everything from our phones or iPads.  Far better interface than anyone else offers.

Hope you enjoy paying extra for HD....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org