A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 08:28:02 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real estate question  (Read 2164 times)
BouldinDomer
Citizen

« on: August 19, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »

Hi. New guy with a question here. Been reading the forum for a couple of years but never had a reason to post.

My wife and I are buying a new house in Brady Heights and have a contract on it that says we take possession October 1. We currently live in Kendall Whittier, on the west side of Lewis. If all goes well, our current home goes on the market September 1.

My question: Are there any real estate agents around that are active sellers in the near downtown/Kendall Whittier/Pearl District area?

The agent that helped us sell our last house (located around 3rd and Harvard) was terrible. She was from south Tulsa and generally regarded everything near downtown as being in a "dangerous" area, with yards and closets that were too small and neighbors that were too close. And while she actually did sell the house we were living in, it was only after several arguments about the asking price of the house (she wanted to ask about 20k less than we sold it for), a half-assed attempt at an open house and a lot of frustration on my part. Before you ask, we used her because we are friends with her, but we wont make that mistake again.

If possible, we would prefer somebody this time around that knows KW and the Pearl District, everything they offer, and the benefits to living there (for the record, we love where we live, but found a gem we couldn't pass up in Brady Heights).

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »

As a resident of Reservoir Hill, just north of Brady Heights, welcome to near North Tulsa!

I don't know that I have any specific names.  Who had the house you are purchasing listed?  Depending upon how that transaction was marketed that might be a good bet.  I have several neighbors that have or are near listing with Dustin Thames.  I'm sure a Google search will turn him up.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:12:05 pm by rdj » Logged

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 07:21:28 pm »

I had poor performance with my real estate agent selling my east Tulsa home. Finally, in late July I called Darryl Baskin. He got ten showings in ten days and the last one offered us almost what we were asking. I close in one week.

I think any agent can help you buy a house, but real salesmen are quite rare. Baskin promoted the house through his radio show and facebook plus ran ads in many places. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:51:27 am »

I'd also recommend Heather Lamb with KW, they are huge on advertising and use many mediums to make it happen.  Great staff and she's super sweet.  I've had bad experiences with realtors as well!  Definitely hard to find a good one! 

http://www.kw.com/kw/agent/heatherllamb

If you PM me your name, I'll be happy to tell her you need some help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org