A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:25:50 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another senseless killing  (Read 16467 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2013, 02:07:04 pm »

And how do you know who is, or is not, a gang member?

THE SCARLET LETTER!!!

Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2013, 12:24:44 am »

You know darn well what folks are talking about when it comes to asking about outrage...

But the people wanting outrage...do they know what outrage they want?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2013, 12:38:07 pm »

Very grim. The problem is guns in the hands of crooks. The gun laws against felons and bad guys with guns need to be tuff and enforced- Bad guy found with a illegal or stolen gun? automatic 25 years. The idea would  be to make guns  so "hot" that a bad guy would not want to have a gun around him or in his possession. A traffic stop and illegal or stolen gun is found? automatic 25 years. Firsk gang members and a gun is found bye bye for 25 years. They do seat belt, DWI and speeding crackdowns at every holiday- but I never heard of a gang crackdown- ever. This event in Duncon goes to show that some 15 year old kids do need to be executed- what would they grow up to be anyhow? The 15 year old posed for a picture in front of stacks of $100.00 bills.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 12:54:15 pm »

But the people wanting outrage...do they know what outrage they want?

I'm not one wanting outrage, but I think that if you look at it, the Martin/Zimmerman was blown into an outrage by local media in FL to be a racially motivated hate crime. This case it's an obvious hate crime, as admitted by the shooter, so there is nothing for the media and the talking heads to blow out of proportion. I think if it had not been an Australian citizen, no one would have noticed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2013, 08:12:03 am »

I think if it had not been an Australian citizen, no one would have noticed.

I disagree.  He was good looking and healthy.  That'll get attention from the news organizations too.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »

If Obama had not opened his mouth and injected himself in the Martin matter, who knows how it would have played out. But we are left with that fact, a sort of precedent that has yielded a race violence score card that many will now keep. Let's see, off hand since the Martin verdict we had the thee black kids beat up a white kid on a bus, the Duncan shooting, and the 88 year old vet murder. Of those three white decedents, how many were on top of their assailant raining down punches before their death? Better yet, how many of them even had a chance to fight or even flee?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2013, 01:05:15 am »

If Obama had not opened his mouth and injected himself in the Martin matter, who knows how it would have played out. But we are left with that fact, a sort of precedent that has yielded a race violence score card that many will now keep. Let's see, off hand since the Martin verdict we had the thee black kids beat up a white kid on a bus, the Duncan shooting, and the 88 year old vet murder. Of those three white decedents, how many were on top of their assailant raining down punches before their death? Better yet, how many of them even had a chance to fight or even flee?

Just my $.02, it's the perceived racism in the Martin/Zimmerman, that Martin was targeted for the confrontation because of his color. The others are perceived as just crimes of opportunity, and the speculation that Lanes murder/13 year old on the bus/elderly Veteran was a gang initiation/shooter was bored/bad parenting/actually hates whites is viewed by the talking heads as "Have pity on these underserved/underprivileged/poor misguided children.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2013, 11:43:31 am »

Wow. Looks like it does start early. Gotta love the internet. And the ignorance of the person posting it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2403070/Shocking-Facebook-video-white-toddler-3-racially-bullied-year-old-black-neighbors.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org