A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:14:37 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another senseless killing  (Read 16441 times)
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« on: August 21, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »

I was horrified to hear of this news, especially since I have over a dozen Aussie friends in Australia.

Boredom leads to gunning down an innocent person?

Barbaric, punk/thugs should be given a send off in the electric chair!

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/08/20/australian-athlete-killed-by-oklahoma-teens-for-fun

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 07:35:36 am »

I'm curious to know why the media isn't clamoring all over this as a hate crime.  Two black youths gun down a white guy and it's assumed it's not racially motivated.  If two bored white youths had shot a black man, it would be immediately assumed it was a hate crime.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:06:01 am »

I'm curious to know why the media isn't clamoring all over this as a hate crime.  Two black youths gun down a white guy and it's assumed it's not racially motivated.  If two bored white youths had shot a black man, it would be immediately assumed it was a hate crime.

Based on some facebook posts, that should be looked into. However, it was actually two black kids and a white kid together.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:55:35 am »

So I guess we will have to pass a special class of "boredom" crimes now....?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:34:47 am »

How about, and I am serious about this, sociopathic crime.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 09:40:50 am »

Read more news stories. On one page you see that one of the culprits posted all sorts of racist tweets against white people and on another you see that other things it was self defense because "obviously the Australian was racist"
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 10:36:30 am »

They're too busy on the Trayvon case.

It's all about black America these days.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 11:14:02 am »

Where is the outcry. It goes both ways Al and Jesse. Oh now they drink a big glass of "Shut the Hell up"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2400005/Chris-Lane-shooting-Bored-teens-killed-Australian-student-danced-laughed-arrested-said-shooting-big-deal-neighbors-believe-gang-initiation.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 11:34:53 am »

You know this going to turn into a bleeding heart, these children were under served and deprived of the chances that everyone else has and they should be given a light sentence because they deserve a chance at a better life that they were denied of previously.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:04 am »

You know this going to turn into a bleeding heart, these children were under served and deprived of the chances that everyone else has and they should be given a light sentence because they deserve a chance at a better life that they were denied of previously.

Doesn't seem that way so far.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 11:42:37 am »

Doesn't seem that way so far.

I could be wrong, but it was all over the place in the PNW yesterday, even in the little 4,000 population town I'm living in. How long was it before Martin/Zimmerman blew up?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 11:44:31 am »

Again, one of the three killers was WHITE. More than that, outcry over what? These kids were arrested and are being prosecuted, as adults.  If anything, this goes to show that if black kid kills a white kid people want them executed as fast as possible. I’ve seen people asking for the killers to be tortured.

In the Martin case a white guy kills a unarmed black kid buying Skittles and he’s questioned and released and most of the public feels sorry for the shooter.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:02 am »

Maybe people should care less about the race of the killers and the victim and more about the fact that someone was shot and killed because these assholes decided it'd ease their boredom.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 11:55:08 am »

I'm not calling for someone's head to be served up on a platter, and regardless of color, you have a shooter that admits to the crime because he was bored. And yes the prosecutors can say all day long they are going to be tried as adults, it's still in the first couple of days and of course they are going to say that, just like the Court TV refugees want to crucify and convict everyone.

It's either going to gain traction for all the wrong reasons or it's going to just disappear.

Also Martin/Zimmerman was based on perceived self defense. This is a case of "recreational killing".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:01:12 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 11:57:22 am »

Again, one of the three killers was WHITE. More than that, outcry over what? These kids were arrested and are being prosecuted, as adults.  If anything, this goes to show that if black kid kills a white kid people want them executed as fast as possible. I’ve seen people asking for the killers to be tortured.

In the Martin case a white guy kills a unarmed black kid buying Skittles and he’s questioned and released and most of the public feels sorry for the shooter.

Swake. The caucasian teen was the driver. Not the trigger man.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org