A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 09:22:37 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Hide A Boeing 777?  (Read 15195 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 04:21:56 pm »

I thought this article raises some interesting points about what might have happened - and that sometimes the simple explanation is not the one we want to believe.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Can't say that doesn't make sufficient arguments.  I think the news media wants the most dramatic resolution.  In this case, as this article notes, it may be one of the most simple and non-conspiratorial that is the correct one.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 05:34:13 pm »

Can't say that doesn't make sufficient arguments.  I think the news media wants the most dramatic resolution.  In this case, as this article notes, it may be one of the most simple and non-conspiratorial that is the correct one.

That is a real possibility. They could have had a fire and lose some of the systems, and not lose autopilot, they tried to turn to make and emergency landing using the autopilot while trying to do damage control, lost conscious, the electrical fire caused a cabin decompression, and everyone out cold in 20 minutes and then you have a ghost plane that will fly until it runs out of fuel.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 06:02:10 pm »

That is a real possibility. They could have had a fire and lose some of the systems, and not lose autopilot, they tried to turn to make and emergency landing using the autopilot while trying to do damage control, lost conscious, the electrical fire caused a cabin decompression, and everyone out cold in 20 minutes and then you have a ghost plane that will fly until it runs out of fuel.

Kinda like the Payne Stewart situation.  Except in that case, radar coverage was heavy and I don't remember reading that the transponder was off.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »

Kinda like the Payne Stewart situation.  Except in that case, radar coverage was heavy and I don't remember reading that the transponder was off.

Yes, similar to his crash. Some of the things I have been reading and hearing is that the emergency O2 supply is only good for about 20 to 30 minutes, and is supposed to be used as a stop gap until the plane can get to 10,000 feet. At 35,000 feet, as I understand it, the time from conscious to unconscious is about two minutes. So just supposing, you could have several system failures but not a complete failure and this could happen. Nobody ever thought you could have a dual engine failure on takeoff from bird strikes, and successfully land the plane in the Hudson intact, and only have one person with a major injury.

And yes, Stewart's plane was covered along it's complete path, whereas 370 was out over water, and land based radar only reaches out ~150 miles.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:14:23 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »

I'm really beginning to think the thing is in the water, not where they were originally searching, and with twelve now thirteen days of wind and ocean currents, what ever is on the surface is not even close to where it crashed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 09:28:15 pm »

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 11:35:14 pm »

With the news from Australia, if it's debris from the plane, the incident/fire on board, and the ghost flight is starting to sound more plausible. If what they found about 1500 miles off the west coast, would theoretically put it near 180 degrees from it's last position. Could be they used the autopilot to turn the plane 180 to head back to Kuala, but became incapacitated, and the plane flew south until it ran out of fuel.

Just a theory.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 11:43:12 pm »

With the news from Australia, if it's debris from the plane, the incident/fire on board, and the ghost flight is starting to sound more plausible. If what they found about 1500 miles off the west coast, would theoretically put it near 180 degrees from it's last position. Could be they used the autopilot to turn the plane 180 to head back to Kuala, but became incapacitated, and the plane flew south until it ran out of fuel.

Just a theory.

Not a bad theory either.  I fear it might wind up like AF577..taking two years (or more) to find the wreckage.  The way some of the aviation experts are talking, if the piece they found IS from the aircraft, the size of it would roughly match the tail cone.  That could destroy the 'ghost flight' theory because that would indicate they tried to ditch.  Still far too early however.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 12:06:46 am »

Not a bad theory either.  I fear it might wind up like AF577..taking two years (or more) to find the wreckage.  The way some of the aviation experts are talking, if the piece they found IS from the aircraft, the size of it would roughly match the tail cone.  That could destroy the 'ghost flight' theory because that would indicate they tried to ditch.  Still far too early however.

Saw that after I posted. Was just watching CNN and they were talking about the ocean currents in that area, and it's kind of like the "trash zone" in the Pacific, but the currents are not as strong and most of the trash is small plastics and such, but reading between the lines, the counter clockwise rotation could draw in material from north of the area, basically a giant eddy pool.

I will say this, out of all the news from that area, if I was to take stock in what a gov't was saying, it would be the Aussies or the Kiwi's before anybody else, other than our own that is.

Hopefully if it is debris it will lead them to the flight recorders as well as more of the wreckage to help with the families. I have experienced some things in life losing family members, but just can't imagine what they are going through.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 01:00:05 am »

Just an UWAG (unscientific wild a$$ guess) I drew a line using Google Earth using nautical miles from an approximate point of it's last known location, that line runs from that point, across Kuala Lumpur to the approximate point of the debris that they are looking at, and it comes out to approximately 3100 nautical miles. That would put it at approximately the fuel load to go from Kuala to Beijing. If it ran out of fuel at 35,000 feet, ghost flight scenario, it would accelerate as it was descending and could have broken up before it hit the water.

As I said, it seems plausible, more so than my thought of it landing in the Maldives as a stolen aircraft to be used for something else.

(Not an expert, and I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express since November)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 10:39:02 am »

A Ukrainian official said a passenger plane carrying 295 people was shot down Thursday over a town in the east of the country, and Malaysian Airlines tweeted that it lost contact with one of its flights over Ukrainian airspace.

Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine’s interior minister, said on his Facebook page the plane was flying at an altitude of 33,000 feet. He also said it was hit by a missile fired from a Buk launcher, which can fire missiles up to an altitude of 72,000 feet.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 10:54:05 am »

The investigation into the lost Malaysian Airlines 777 just keeps getting more interesting.  Curious what other’s theories are.  I’m thinking it landed somewhere since there is no sign of wreckage and none of the emergency beacons have activated.  Why would a rogue crew fly a plane off course for hours only to intentionally ditch it into the ocean, that wouldn’t accomplish any means.  If it were an act of terrorism, some group would have taken credit for it by now.  

For that matter, if they did land somewhere, what has become of the passengers?  

Quite a mystery.

Discuss.

You hide it by parking it behind one of those Antonov AN-225 planes....

https://www.google.com/search?q=biggest+russian+airplane&client=firefox-a&hs=9LB&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Sv_HU_ZCgrbIBO_6grgK&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1411&bih=740

Somebody has something against Malaysia!!  Even though they are Muslim, they haven't given anyone much trouble, comparatively, so what is the deal with all this stuff....?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:56:09 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 11:12:20 am »

You hide it by parking it behind one of those Antonov AN-225 planes....

https://www.google.com/search?q=biggest+russian+airplane&client=firefox-a&hs=9LB&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Sv_HU_ZCgrbIBO_6grgK&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1411&bih=740

Somebody has something against Malaysia!!  Even though they are Muslim, they haven't given anyone much trouble, comparatively, so what is the deal with all this stuff....?

I think it's a tragic coincidence that it was a Malaysian airliner, interesting note and I will try to find a link for it, it is reported that back in April the FAA announced that US carriers are prohibited from flying over that airspace because of the ongoing conflict in the region.

The prohibited area, established following Russia's annexation of the Crimea region of Ukraine, encompasses Ukrainian airspace over the Crimea and the surrounding area. It also includes international airspace over the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea managed by Ukraine under a regional agreement with the International Civil Aviation Organization.

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/intl/eur/20140501-faa-issues-special-federal-aviation-regulation-prohibiting-united-states-flights-in-airspace-over-crimea.php
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:16:29 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Hide the triple 7 at the bottom of the sea.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 02:05:11 pm »

That's pretty cold.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org