A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:53:25 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill and Ruth's at 15th and Lewis - closed?  (Read 6115 times)
RazorBird
Citizen

« on: April 01, 2014, 09:46:25 am »

The shop appears to be gone.  Is this permanent?  If so, anyone know what's replacing it?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:56 pm »

Don't even try.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:35:46 pm »

Okay, what’s up?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »

Okay, what’s up?
April first. That's what's up.  Roll Eyes
davideinstein
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:56 pm »

Best tabouli in town.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 09:54:53 pm »

Best tabouli in town.

Agree.  They have good all-around middle eastern treats.

Ever eat at Shawkats?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 07:32:59 am »

It is the best Bill & Ruth's ever. I love Sammy. He treats me like I'm his favorite customer - but I'm not the only one he treats that way. He has many, many "favorite customers".

The other day, the line was very long, but I was not deterred. I wanted a baked potato with lots of veggies. Sammy knows how I like it prepared, so I said just put on the ticket it's for Angie. The order taker took the ticket directly to Sammy...and he started working on it immediately. He bagged it up and brought it out to me while I was still standing in line. He said here you go, pay next time.

Suffice it to say, I did not find it funny to joke that MY Bill & Ruth's was closed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 07:56:26 am »

It is the best Bill & Ruth's ever. I love Sammy. He treats me like I'm his favorite customer - but I'm not the only one he treats that way. He has many, many "favorite customers".

The other day, the line was very long, but I was not deterred. I wanted a baked potato with lots of veggies. Sammy knows how I like it prepared, so I said just put on the ticket it's for Angie. The order taker took the ticket directly to Sammy...and he started working on it immediately. He bagged it up and brought it out to me while I was still standing in line. He said here you go, pay next time.

Suffice it to say, I did not find it funny to joke that MY Bill & Ruth's was closed.

It was a first-time poster, too.  Likely to be the last.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:32 am »

There is a rumor that floats around most April Fools' Days from Joe's Burger Search ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joes-Burger-Search/143886504285?ref=stream ) that In-N-Out is moving into that location.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 08:52:46 am »

It was a first-time poster, too.  Likely to be the last.   Grin

Yep. I really don't get it, though. Why even bother?
davideinstein
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »

Agree.  They have good all-around middle eastern treats.

Ever eat at Shawkats?

Nope. Where is that?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »

Nope. Where is that?

41st & Sheridan SE corner behind the Enterprise lot.  Excellent Medi-Eastern.  Hummus and tabouli are excellent.  They bake their own pita and my understanding is they sell to other restaurants.

RazorBird
Citizen

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 08:43:16 am »

Ok guys - my apologies for a poorly worded (and timed) post.  I really was not making a lame April fools attempt.

I was asking based on rumblings I heard the week prior to April 1 - apparently part of an elaborate April Fools set-up by Tulsa veterans who knew of the ongoing In-N-Out rumor.

I'm not a troll, I promise!  Excited to find the forum...lot's of great info here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org