A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:23:53 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appetizer Question  (Read 6604 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« on: May 15, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »

Just curious what you guys and girls would pay for an appetizer that is made from fresh local oyster, chopped and rolled up in panko with black and white pepper (little over an inch in diameter) lightly fried, served in a shell with cilantro and a mildly spicy fresh cocktail sauce? 6 per appetizer. New creation at my favorite pub here.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:49:40 pm »

$8 to $10 I’m thinking.  How close was that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 07:53:42 pm »

$8 to $10 I’m thinking.  How close was that?

That's higher than what they are thinking. They are thinking $7.50. Just looking for input, they are looking at the cost per oyster. 1 large oyster makes 6 servings.

Have to say that with the spicy cocktail sauce, it goes well with something like Shock Top.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:59:37 pm »

That's higher than what they are thinking. They are thinking $7.50. Just looking for input, they are looking at the cost per oyster. 1 large oyster makes 6 servings.

Have to say that with the spicy cocktail sauce, it goes well with something like Shock Top.

Ohhh....Shock Top.  I have one left.  Thanks, now I will have zero.  Only InBev beverage I will buy (but buy at the liquor store since they started allowing Bud/InBev products above 3.2 there).

But that appetizer looks good.  I would have guessed right around where Conan was saying.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:31:43 pm »

Ohhh....Shock Top.  I have one left.  Thanks, now I will have zero. 

Lucky for you today is Thursday and not Saturday.

Cheesy

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

$0

But that's my personal taste. My standard answer to any appetizer question is Yes.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

Compare with Bodeans menu...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 10:10:46 pm »

Lucky for you today is Thursday and not Saturday.

Cheesy

Yes.  And I have the day off tomorrow.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 05:25:32 am »

We have "local" oysters?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
saintnicster
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 08:07:28 am »

We have "local" oysters?

Rocky Mountain!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 08:19:43 am »

Rocky Mountain!

Testilicious
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:45 am »

Couldn't do it! 

Not that there is anything wrong with balls in your mouth.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 03:20:34 pm »

We have "local" oysters?

Keep in mind, he’s in Oregon.

Considering they are local, I could see how it could be $7.50, especially if they make it with the meat of one oyster.  I’m good with anything that’s been rolled in panko and fried.

Gas, isn’t rule of thumb in a restaurant three times the ingredient cost for setting your price point?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:11 pm »

Considering they are local, I could see how it could be $7.50, especially if they make it with the meat of one oyster.  I’m good with anything that’s been rolled in panko and fried.

Gas, isn’t rule of thumb in a restaurant three times the ingredient cost for setting your price point?

No rules, only right. Charge what the market will bare!

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

Re:
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 04:35:56 pm »

That does sound about right at 3x cost for food. Yes there are local, usually they are farmed near Newport, and also they are fished/farmed in Charleston just south of Coos Bay.

You can get oysters $40.00/bushel delivered.

http://www.localoysters.com/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org