A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appetizer Question  (Read 6606 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:18 pm »

That does sound about right at 3x cost for food. Yes there are local, usually they are farmed near Newport, and also they are fished/farmed in Charleston just south of Coos Bay.

You can get oysters $40.00/bushel delivered.

http://www.localoysters.com/

Hey, if they are packing them in and making great profit at $7.50, that’s not a bad price point for what you posted. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 01:34:42 am »

So I talked with the owner of the pub today, and thanks to all for the advice on the 3x cost, they are going to do it as a off menu special the days that he runs the kitchen. It's one of the things that this place has going for it at lunch and dinner, is they allow the cooks, they have four, to do their own items. They are going to do it at $7.50 and if there is a change in the price of oysters adjust it slightly, but $7.50 seems to be the lowest price point. (It's actually cheaper than doing wings)

The woman working the kitchen today was working on a chili for Sunday, and gave me a test cup, and it was almost what I remember from Ike's Chili.

I have to give the lady that owns the place credit, they just celebrated their 20 year anniversary in the same spot.

http://www.kcby.com/news/local/Coney-turns-20-252068201.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:45:53 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org