A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:28:39 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best festival last weekend?  (Read 20142 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2014, 10:19:58 pm »

I agree spreading them out would be better, mainly put Blue Dome in its own weekend.  MayFest and Hopjam could stay on the same weekend though.

Center of the Universe is better than any of the music festivals in OKC.  But Deadcenter is a better film festival than anything in Tulsa.  It's all good, as you can drive 90 min and go to their cool stuff and they can do the same for ours. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2014, 07:45:36 am »

Tulsa had a brew pub 2 years ago but it got shut down.  I'm basing it on what I hear from people who work in the beer industry in OKC and do events in Tulsa and OKC.  There are other little things like our homebrew club is 30 years old and theirs is 4.

So it’s purely subjective based on who you talk to.

I didn’t count Pi as a brew pub since that idiot managed to get locked down in less than, what, a couple of months?

Personally, I’d rather go to a tap room like McNellies rather than being served 3.2 stouts, porters, lagers, and ales.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2014, 07:52:53 am »

I agree spreading them out would be better, mainly put Blue Dome in its own weekend.  MayFest and Hopjam could stay on the same weekend though.

Center of the Universe is better than any of the music festivals in OKC.  But Deadcenter is a better film festival than anything in Tulsa.  It's all good, as you can drive 90 min and go to their cool stuff and they can do the same for ours. 

Why have Hopjam on the same weekend as Mayfest but not the BDAF?  Seems like Hopjam did pretty well for a first time event and would not have trouble drawing people in without any other major festivals playing in the area that weekend.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2014, 08:25:28 am »

Why have Hopjam on the same weekend as Mayfest but not the BDAF?  Seems like Hopjam did pretty well for a first time event and would not have trouble drawing people in without any other major festivals playing in the area that weekend.

Hopjam is a keynote event for "Hanson Fan Appreciation Weekend" which has been the same weekend as Mayfest every year for years. They do it the same weekend since Mayfest was their official debut. They also had their event spin up as Mayfest spins down to coordinate the two. Their music started at 5 while Mayfest ends at 6.

BDAF could stay on the same weekend or go. If they moved, then artists could do both. I just want the hatred on one or the other to end.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org