A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:19:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 4254 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: June 25, 2014, 12:42:36 pm »

I figured I could get most members to read this one since beer does seem to be one uniting topic amongst us.

Apparently, Prairie Artesian Ales has figured out it’s legal for them to sell 3.2% by weight (4% ABV) session beer in growlers from the brewery.  They are filling them with their new 3.2 pale ale until 7pm this evening.  Based on the law, they can only sell you their growler and re-fill their growler.  They cannot fill a growler from any other brewery.

They have another couple of session beers on the horizon.  This is great news and maybe more breweries will start doing this.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:12:03 pm »

I know two OKC breweries are looking into this.  They can also self distribute the beer to bars.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:20:35 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:40:24 pm »

I know two OKC breweries are looking into this.  They can also self distribute the beer to bars.

Was this simply something they had over-looked before?  From talking to one of our common friends on the OCBL FB page, sounds like it stems from the term “64 oz. bottle”.  Pretty sure Chase knows what he’s doing here.  If not, I’m sure he will be promptly Smooted.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:00:13 pm »

What if I want more than 64 oz.?

(It is hot out there)

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:02:29 pm »

What if I want more than 64 oz.?

(It is hot out there)

Buy four.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:06:04 pm »

I'll need a ride home.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 02:32:33 pm »

Was this simply something they had over-looked before?  From talking to one of our common friends on the OCBL FB page, sounds like it stems from the term “64 oz. bottle”.  Pretty sure Chase knows what he’s doing here.  If not, I’m sure he will be promptly Smooted.

I just don't think anybody took the time to do it and read the law.  Technically its food he is selling.  I'm not sure if he can sell more than 64 oz bottles.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:12 pm »

Beer IS food!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:04:48 pm »

I just don't think anybody took the time to do it and read the law.  Technically its food he is selling.  I'm not sure if he can sell more than 64 oz bottles.

I’d love to see the law.  When I get time, I’ll try to look it up on OSCN and re-post here.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »

I’d love to see the law.  When I get time, I’ll try to look it up on OSCN and re-post here.

Remember ABLE is the bureaucracy that has fed misleading information to stores, bars, and PDs:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 09:41:57 am »

The new Prairie Table is a really good session beer.  It will make you re-think 3.2 alcohol by weight beers.  Nice malt and a real hop monster.  A lot of Prairie’s offerings don’t register with me because I’m not usually a fan of lambic, sour, or saison style beers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org