A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:38:48 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Arts District Project Overview  (Read 17733 times)
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2024, 04:29:30 pm »

Some new project developments in the Arts District:

$100M+ mixed-use project planned for Cameron & Main to include an Arrive hotel, parking garage and apartments

Is this an updated version of this project that was posted awhile back on this thread?  
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2024, 10:01:45 am »

Is this an updated version of this project that was posted awhile back on this thread?  

Yes, they were able to acquire the Sharp property to the north and make the project bigger. 

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2024, 02:38:23 pm »

Yes, they were able to acquire the Sharp property to the north and make the project bigger. 

Nice!  Certainly a better use of that land than what's there now. 
Jacobei
Activist

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2024, 05:36:41 am »

Any prognostications about timeline? Are they still looking for funding?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2024, 09:15:46 am »

Any prognostications about timeline? Are they still looking for funding?

My understanding is now that they have their agreement in place for the land and parking garage they can actively raise capital.  Anyone know if this project has a TIF?

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2024, 07:53:35 am »

Sadly, Tito Jackson died on Sunday. 
That's probably the end of the Tito project
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2024, 10:16:00 am »

Sadly, Tito Jackson died on Sunday.  
That's probably the end of the Tito project

Saw that.  I've always thought that building would be a good spot for a food hall.  With nearly 500 apartments and another 100 room hotel that will be next to it there could be enough density for it to work.  That doesn't include any of the potential development as part of the Kirkpatrick Heights master plan north of 244. 

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2024, 12:33:04 pm »

Incredible projects. Very sad that Tito just passed, especially right after announcing his business ventures.

We'll see if his entertainment venue project dies with him or not. I imagine he wasn't the only figure involved, but who knows if they still want to go forward without him.

Fantastic to see the Pivot project is still in progress and better than ever before. I really like the hotel in the original concept, but the apartments from the original were terrible. The new design is a bit of a mixed bag architecturally speaking, but overall is a big improvement. It's interesting to see the mix of architectural styles that will be on this street when it is all done.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2024, 09:08:37 am »

Incredible projects. Very sad that Tito just passed, especially right after announcing his business ventures.

We'll see if his entertainment venue project dies with him or not. I imagine he wasn't the only figure involved, but who knows if they still want to go forward without him.

Fantastic to see the Pivot project is still in progress and better than ever before. I really like the hotel in the original concept, but the apartments from the original were terrible. The new design is a bit of a mixed bag architecturally speaking, but overall is a big improvement. It's interesting to see the mix of architectural styles that will be on this street when it is all done.

Looks like just a massing model - I imagine the final designs will be very different.  I've heard the same architect as Noma may ultimately be involved so I would expect a decent design.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2024, 11:49:33 am »

https://www.newson6.com/story/66e8c6483ab22262675abbb2/tito-jackson-dies-during-road-trip-back-home-to-oklahoma-plans-continue-to-honor-his-memory

According to this story, the plans will eventually move forward in honor of Tito. His sons and brothers will take over more. Sounds like there will be more of the Jacksons in Tulsa. I didn't realize they had roots here and ties to victims of the massacre.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org