A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:27:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodges Bend  (Read 839 times)
Jacobei
Activist

« on: July 25, 2024, 06:43:02 am »

Not sure if this should be on an existing thread or not. It appears that Hodges couldn't be saved in any way. Sad day.

Upside, a new place has taken over The Goat spot.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2024, 07:29:43 am »

That sucks, but not exactly surprising since the building was half gone and sat exposed for a year afterwards. I just hope they can rebuild in a similar or better fashion. At least they are moving forward and hopefully this means insurance has come through.
Jacobei
Activist

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2024, 08:59:22 am »

I wish I could be hopeful, but something tells me the Bohemia Pizza just scored more parking.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2024, 09:28:26 am »

Upside, a new place has taken over The Goat spot.
[/quote]

The Gold Standard Bar & Kitchen is the new Mexican restaurant replacing The Goat.  Hiring event on 7/28 according to another site I found.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Jacobei
Activist

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2024, 09:39:20 am »

The Gold Standard Bar & Kitchen is the new Mexican restaurant replacing The Goat.  Hiring event on 7/28 according to another site I found.

Thank you. I knew it was gold something, but couldn't remember. I'm still curious about whether it's New Mexican or new Mexican.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2024, 09:08:47 am »

Ugh - that's heartbreaking.

The "East Village" was so small already. If they don't rebuild, what's the point of calling it a village, it's 4 buildings.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2024, 02:13:07 pm »

I was hoping the building could have been rebuilt, I just hope that what they building back will have the exterior look of the original.

I have read about the issues a The Goat since January. Hopefully the new owners bring some class to the area.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2024, 03:36:22 pm »

Ugh - that's heartbreaking.

The "East Village" was so small already. If they don't rebuild, what's the point of calling it a village, it's 4 buildings.

We can go with "East Hamlet". At least they only have to replace, what, 1 or 2 signs.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2024, 04:15:38 pm »

I noticed a big pile of old bricks at 2nd and Kenosha yesterday.  I'm sure it's from this building.  Maybe they are going to reuse them for the facade of a new building there??? If they were hauling them to the landfill, I don't imagine they would have piled them there. 
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2024, 11:11:37 am »

^Possibly saving some of the brick for re-use, but I doubt they have anything planned for that corner. Hopefully it is a sign that there is a plan to reconstruct the Hodges Bend building in some sort of fashion similar to the old. It is a high profile location after all, and I think Hodges Bend and Lowood did good business.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2024, 12:41:17 pm »

I know the property owner - they definitely plan to rebuild and likely will look very similar to the original building but possibly taller 3 or 4 stories.  Mixed-use has been discussed with retail/restaurant fronting 3rd St and either offices or apartments above.  The same property owner also owns the gravel lot on Kenosha between 2nd and 3rd and would like to redevelop that too.  Elliot Nelson/Fishless Desert will likely be involved in that project.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org