A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 14, 2024, 03:55:40 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cry Baby Hill statue  (Read 288 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« on: August 29, 2024, 02:18:40 pm »

I see a possible copyright infringement issue with this considering how close it resembles the Bob's Big Boy statue

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2024, 11:47:29 am »

Fundamentally ugly. For 250K we couldn't get something related to cycling?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 04:36:36 pm »

Also need to worry about some 60 something year old Nathan Hale graduates trying to replicate stealing the Big Boy statue from in front of Kip's when it was at the BA & Memorial.   Grin
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2024, 05:09:34 pm »

Also need to worry about some 60 something year old Nathan Hale graduates trying to replicate stealing the Big Boy statue from in front of Kip's when it was at the BA & Memorial.   Grin

Where do we meet to do that?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2024, 11:56:19 pm »

Where do we meet to do that?

You will receive instructions in a discreet manner when the time is appropriate. In the meantime keep discussions to a minimum, the fewer that know the better.  Grin
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2024, 09:51:50 am »

Fundamentally ugly. For 250K we couldn't get something related to cycling?

I vote for the giant rubber duck to be installed there permanently.

All hail our good Lord Golden Duck of Cry Baby Hill.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2024, 11:51:35 am »

If you want to go full on duck, you need to get this from the Neon Museum in Vegas. It covers all the bases, kitzch, neon sign, automotive related and somewhat demented looking, the Ugly Duckling Used Cars mascot.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2024, 01:16:12 pm »

I saw the story on Channel 8 that Blake Ewing told the residents in the area that the statue is going to be built and there is no more discussion or debate.

Why ask for input from the residents if you're just going to shaft them anyway?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org