A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 03:43:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another travel option?  (Read 1562 times)
USRufnex
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:27:43 pm »

http://www.megabus.com/us/

I know the prices are insanely low since they're trying to break into the Chicago market, but this concept seems so simple.

I took a trip from Chicago to Cleveland this weekend on this service after I'd vowed never to ride Greyhound again.

Some advantages:
1.  Online purchase is only way to get tix. Didn't have to check-in bags/confirm tix at the Greyhound station.
2.  Bus went straight to Cleveland with one stop for a 40 min lunch-- in other words, it didn't take any longer than driving.
3.  Picked up from a high profile bus stop across from Amtrak and got off at a nice downtown Cleveland location-- never had to spend any time at a downtown bus terminal.

Wonder if Tulsa could have something similar with express bus service to St Louis, KC, OKC, Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, etc...?  Leaving from the Williams Center... dropoff at the arch or Union Station?  Bricktown?  

Couldn't be any worse an idea than Great Plains Airlines, eh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org