A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 10:22:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Ironic Development Names Contest  (Read 2056 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: August 10, 2006, 11:31:56 am »

We've all heard the "joke" about how subdivisions are always named for the thing they destroy. (I grew up in "Ranch Acres" ...but in our defense, we did have a neighbor with a horse in their backyard!)

The other day, I was walking down Carson and I realized that the yellow, rectangular high rise next to the "Jetsons" building is called: "Mansion House Apts."  Yep, that's what they tore down... Which led me to ponder "Woodland Hills" mall.  Ha! (Obviously, nobody wants to shop at a place called "Asphalt Hell."  So much for truth in advertising...)

So, who's got the best example of an Ironic Name for a Development (IND)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org