A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:26:27 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Deco Park  (Read 7411 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 02:58:29 pm »

Well, OMG.  I can't believe it.  I really like this park.  And you know how critical I can be lol.  The layout is wonderful. Fantastic attention to detail! Love the unique oval within a rectangle design and then the circles on top of that.  The fountain is well done.  Great placement of wall and the Amphitheater.  The food court is very nice how its nestled in the trees.  Great placement and use of space for each of the many different elements. Wonderful materials, glazed terra cotta and etched aluminum.  Each of the elements has a contemporary flair but are classical and timeless in their feel and functionality.  

The first renderings I saw for the proposed park were ho hum at best.  This in comparison is faaaantastic. Please let them do this at least as good as these "preliminary park design drawings" show. No cheaping out or getting whimpy.

Bravo to whoever designed this. And I am stunned that there is a descision maker in this town with the right eye to see that this is good design and to go with it.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
jdb
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 05:31:47 pm »

"Sorry, I thought that project was dead sence nothing has happend." - Sporty

Easy mistake to make. Live here long enough and you'll get used to it.

Yippee, a plan for a park with a toilet...what'll they think of next?...and it's only 2007.

Betting swakes falling out of his recliner about now. jdb

Rico
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 06:23:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jdb

"Sorry, I thought that project was dead sence nothing has happend." - Sporty

Easy mistake to make. Live here long enough and you'll get used to it.

Yippee, a plan for a park with a toilet...what'll they think of next?...and it's only 2007.

Betting swakes falling out of his recliner about now. jdb

Hold up there my amigo... sgrizzle says they won't have any facilities(toilet)....

Something about.... they would have to tear down the Metro Chamber to have one..? Can't really remember.

They have trees though..!

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 06:28:03 pm »

Hey now.  Better to have a nice park than a lousy park. Which is what I thought we were getting with the original renderings.  And yes it does have restrooms lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Rico
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 06:32:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Hey now.  Better to have a nice park than a lousy park. Which is what I thought we were getting with the original renderings.  And yes it does have restrooms lol.

well.. there you have it..... another sinister rumor created by sgrizzle.

[}:)]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 07:39:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

well.. there you have it..... another sinister rumor created by sgrizzle.

[}:)]

The restrooms are in the "possible future restaurant addition"
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 11:25:40 pm »

Well that would seem to be fitting for a "possible future park" [Tongue]

mr.jaynes
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 03:37:32 pm »

For fans of classic deco and moderne architecture, here's a little blast from 1936, give this a peep!

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/%22miss%2Bglory%22/video/x1d7ur_page-miss-glory
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org