A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:33:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip Expansion at 21st and Harvard  (Read 66752 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »

In these upgrades they build the new store behind the old one, then build larger gas islands, likely facing E-W instead of N-S. They will close the store for no more than 24 hours when they do the changeover.

Pretty close. 
The old store vanished overnight and the new one is open, but they are still using the old pumps and canopy for the time being.  They may not have closed at all.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:38 am »

Lord, is this the thread that wouldn't die or what?  Why are we still talking about a convenience store expansion on a Development forum?  

Geesh...no wonder Tulsa has such low expectations.

Move on doodz.
QT & Tulsa go together. The city revolves around QT. That's the best guess I have. Don't ask me abot Sonic Restaurants, Tulsa has those all over too.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2009, 12:32:47 pm »

Over the 4th of July weekend they started putting up the nonconforming, high-glare 'Scottsdale' lights they were told would violate their PUD, so I expect fireworks come Monday.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2009, 02:56:31 pm »

QT & Tulsa go together. The city revolves around QT. That's the best guess I have. Don't ask me abot Sonic Restaurants, Tulsa has those all over too.

Don't ask you about Sonic?  Don't you know all there is to know about Tulsa?

Roll Eyes

Guess the library got sorted out...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17:34 pm »

First, the bad fixtures that went up over the 4th of July, followed by an example of the fixtures they should have used (like the ones at their 500th store at 501 W. Kenosha in BA).

* 20090705150348(2)a.JPG (77.67 KB - downloaded 633 times.)
* 20090705150348(1)a.JPG (42.25 KB - downloaded 661 times.)
* 20080515_QT500STOREp1.jpg (31.73 KB - downloaded 624 times.)

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2009, 07:31:06 am »

If they were told those would violate their agreement and went with them anyway, I hope they are duly punished.  Replace the lights immediately and fined for the cost of enforcement.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dbacks fan
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2009, 10:26:10 am »

Ummm, Sonic is based in OKC not Tulsa.

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/business/profile/backgrounder.jsp

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:29:03 am by dbacks fan » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2009, 12:30:16 pm »

If they were told those would violate their agreement and went with them anyway, I hope they are duly punished.  Replace the lights immediately and fined for the cost of enforcement.

I cant imagine what QT is thinking, especially since they comply with much stricter lighting codes in other parts of the country.   
Maybe they just need to understand that Tulsa isnt as soft on some development standards as it once was.   

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2009, 01:36:12 pm »

It is my understanding that PUD violations are inspected and enforced only by "complaint."   (The burden is on the neighbors.)  So I would encourage you to call the City code enforcement office and complain.  (Is this the correct office to call?  If anyone knows a better contact for PUD violations, please share.) 
OurTulsa
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2009, 04:30:17 pm »

I was told to contact the Mayor's Action Center to file a zoning complaint - 596-2100.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2009, 10:19:18 pm »

It is my understanding that PUD violations are inspected and enforced only by "complaint."   (The burden is on the neighbors.)  So I would encourage you to call the City code enforcement office and complain.  (Is this the correct office to call?  If anyone knows a better contact for PUD violations, please share.)

Thanks OurTulsa and PonderInc, you are both correct.
Enforcement is complaint-driven, so we would have to bear part of the blame if we did not speak up.
And the MAC is how you initiate zoning complaints these days --- I was given a case number Monday.

QuikTrip may have created a hardship for themselves, as the old canopy and lights were demolished Tuesday and they are relying on the half-installed, new (non-compliant) lights to sell gas at night.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2009, 08:56:12 am »

Thanks OurTulsa and PonderInc, you are both correct.
Enforcement is complaint-driven, so we would have to bear part of the blame if we did not speak up.
And the MAC is how you initiate zoning complaints these days --- I was given a case number Monday.

QuikTrip may have created a hardship for themselves, as the old canopy and lights were demolished Tuesday and they are relying on the half-installed, new (non-compliant) lights to sell gas at night.

What's the chance they'll get a variance?
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2009, 09:26:11 am »

What's the chance they'll get a variance?

They would have to go before TMAPC and show why they cant do what they said they would by building according to the approved plans, why the city should give them what they want for their PUD (demolishing part of a neighborhood) but they shouldnt have to uphold their end, and why there should be no consequences to them deviating from the approved plan.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2009, 09:32:15 am »

They would have to go before TMAPC and show why they cant do what they said they would by building according to the approved plans, why the city should give them what they want for their PUD (demolishing part of a neighborhood) but they shouldnt have to uphold their end, and why there should be no consequences to them deviating from the approved plan.

So from my memory of discussions on here their chance is pretty good.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2009, 03:56:06 pm »

So from my memory of discussions on here their chance is pretty good.
It that happens, I will not be pleased with QuikTrip. It's not as if they couldn't relatively easily swap out the fixtures for the correct ones. It's not like they'd have to do them all at once and close down all of the pumps, just one at a time. It might take a couple of days at most.

I don't think any of us expect them to just stop doing business there until it's fixed.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org